cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

metomaz
Journeyman III

How do I change the screen resolution in games? boot camp

I'm currently using a Macbook Pro and I'm trying to change the screen resolution for gaming in Windows (via Boot Camp), but I just can't set the resolution in the game AND have the image in full screen. The screen it's around 3800x2200, and everytime that I change the game to 1680x1050, it's becomes a retangle in the corner. I already downloaded another AMD software from the website, but it always shows the error 173 and I just don't know what to do now.

Here's some imagens of what happens in the game (BioShock Infinite), althought this happens with every other game.

0 Likes
2 Replies

This is AMD explanation for error 173 during installation: https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/faq/gpu-kb173 

Are you installing Bootcamp drivers or AMD drivers? 

You must install Bootcamp drivers made for Apple OS computers. This website usually adapts current AMD drivers for Bootcamp but it isn't official: BootCampDrivers.com: Turbo-charged AMD graphics drivers for Mac BootCamp users. 

I suggest you open a Apple Support ticket and asked them their opinion.

Thanks for the answer!

I did follow all the steps that you suggested, but I couldn't make it work. After using DDU, I started the setup for the AMD drivers (from BCD), but after hitting Install, the screen just flick, the proportions changes and nothing else happens; no software installed.

Maybe it's a compatibility problem with the software and my Mac, so I'll try to reach Apple about it.

Thanks a lot.