cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

PatPom
Journeyman III

How can I run 6x 4K60 monitor on a Radeon Pro VII ?

I know my question seem obvious, since the Radeon PRO VII have six mini-DP port and the AMD datasheet clearly mention that this card can run 6x 4K60 (3840x2160), I just have to connect 6x DisplayPort Devices with MiniDP to DP adapters right ? 

But it's seem that I missing something because it DON'T work ! 

I have a HD DisplayPort monitor on the Output 1, OK.

I connect 3x DATAPATH FX4, Displayport 4K60, on output 2,3&4 ... OK

I connect one more DATAPATH on output 5, it first appear in Windows as a HD, but able to go to 2160 in the list. But as soon as I change the resolution to higher than 1080 (even 1200), the Driver crash with beautiful artefacts on the monitor. 

If turn OFF the first DATAPATH and connect the 4th to the output 5, All is fine and detect as a 4K60. Then I Power up the First DATAPATH, it appear in windows as an HD. And what you think happen if I put it to an higher resolution ? Yes it CRASH again.

But the funny part is that I can Connect ALL DATAPATH on a second Radeon PRO VII in the same machine without any problem, as long as the HD monitor is not connected to this one.. And yes I swap the cards to see if it's an hardware prob, no change.

I used the latest Windows update, the latest Pro Driver version (20Q3), the latest BIOS update, etc. etc.

My system:

Windows 10, 64 Bits

- AMD ThreadRipper CPU

- 2x AMD Radeon PRO VII

- ASROCK TRX40 Creator Motherboard.

- 1600W PSU

- A lot of RAM

Any Clues ? AMD ? Someone ?

0 Likes
0 Replies