cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Li9uid
Journeyman III

Horrible software

AMD might be catching up Nvidia in performance and cost but it surprises me just how far behind they are in software.
Nvidia overlay takes about 1-2 seconds to open mid game, but The AMD software : Adrenaline Edition takes around 8 seconds to show up also to close it you have to press the combination to open it instead of just a pressing the Escape key(not sure if Nvidia has this).
It also takes around a whole minute to actually capture a video of the past 5 or so minutes.
Also for me the shortcut to capture (clip) the apst 5 minutes doesnt even work so I have to manually open the whole window just to press one button and then close it and that usually takes around 20 seconds.
I was playing a game (Escape from Tarkov) and decided to clip something so I turned on my overlay on and waited the 10 or so seconds it takes to turn on and when it does I clip the 5 minutes and close the overlay, but then my mouse stopped working i had to fully restart my computer because of this problem.
Surely this isnt just my problem and someone else also has these complains.

0 Likes
1 Solution
johnnyenglish
Grandmaster

Hi, I'm really sorry but... I really had to say this.

Have you just registered to post this?

You sure are quick to praise nvidia's software but.. let me give you my two cents.

Where I work as an IT, nvidia software can be a real nightmare, we have a consensus that... for how good their drivers and hardware might be, and they are! The software is an all time bug champion. Not mentioning the 1997 GUI.

Then I suggest that you google for ASUS Armoury Crate feedback and then.. please come back to this post and have a look at this image.

johnnyenglish_1-1657659721474.png

The Englishman

View solution in original post

4 Replies
johnnyenglish
Grandmaster

Hi, I'm really sorry but... I really had to say this.

Have you just registered to post this?

You sure are quick to praise nvidia's software but.. let me give you my two cents.

Where I work as an IT, nvidia software can be a real nightmare, we have a consensus that... for how good their drivers and hardware might be, and they are! The software is an all time bug champion. Not mentioning the 1997 GUI.

Then I suggest that you google for ASUS Armoury Crate feedback and then.. please come back to this post and have a look at this image.

johnnyenglish_1-1657659721474.png

The Englishman

Li9uid_0-1657660544983.png

0 Likes

Also never praised Nvidia.
Even their overlay software "GeForce Experience" is not very good. Its laggy but at least the fps counter stays up for more than 5 minutes when I turn it on.

0 Likes

Well.. you did compare it to nvidia.

You could've started with a presentation of yourself and asked the community if anyone is having problems like yours.

I'm not having any issues with the fps counter on my end, neither with the overlay, they seem to work just fine with any game and even DaVinci Resolve. Awesome feature BTW, game profiles, and for some reason it picks DaVinci Resolve as a game and I can set a brutal OC to speed things up during editing. The fps counter overlay can be useful to make sure its outputting 60fps for youtube.

The Englishman