cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

mickmclane
Adept I

High vram clocks on v.20.9.1

This is the persistent problem for me. Whenever I open youtube, vram jumps at 1750 mhz causing the gpu to heat at 60c. Only then the fans have to kick in to cool it down. If this is something normal, which btw amd says that ''this behaviour is expected'' than Im going green fo sure.

If anyone at this damn forum represents amd I would appreciate if some of you guys can respond, cause Im getting real tired of explaining the same problem since version 20.2.2.

Is it the drivers, or my gpu?

#amdmatt

9 Replies
mickmclane
Adept I

Im using 5700xt nitro+ from sapphire

0 Likes
rawintellect
Miniboss

If you have a 144hz monitor this can fix it. I know it's a workaround and not a true fix but it does work for me. I'm at 32c watching youtube and my ram speed is at 200mhz when idle.

I've already tried this method, and it doesnt work for me. Im using dell p2720d 1440p 60hz.

Its really sad that this problem is not even mentioned in ''fixed issues'' or ''known problems'' when you opet the release notes after instaling new drivers.

And the fan curve is set at 26 percent minimum, meaning it runs at 1200 rpm. I wouldnt have any problems with vram  (even though it is a problem) while watching YT if the fan rpm is at around 700-900 rpm even though vram is at 1750 mhz. But 1200 rpm for watching yt...I think not.

Thanks anyways

0 Likes

Same here vram is at 1750 idle on alienware aw2518hf 240hz 1080p always there no matter what causing me so many issues in games and so on.

I got a response saying it should be that way KEKW.

Not with Nvidia it isnt that way.

Mine sits at 200mhz when watching movies on vlc, but yt, bitchute ect. jumps at 1750. Before upgrade, at 1080p on version 20.4.2 this problem was gone. So im wondering, why are they saying that this is ''expected behaviour'' lol

0 Likes

AMD don't give a damn that some systems have this problem. Nvidia = no problem with high clocks at idle. Ive tested my very old nvidia gpu and it worked just fine downclocking. AMD = fail. 

mickmclane
Adept I

Let me clarifiy something, rx 5700 xt nitro+ is a hell of a card that runs rdr2 on ultra textures, mixed with high and medium setting, mostly high and ultra at 1440p locked at 60 frames, never going above 70c at 1500rpm max.

Why do the fans only turn on at 60 degrees on zero fan mode?

Wouldn't it be great if you could determine at what degree Celsius the fans will turn on.
For example, when the temperature reaches 55 degrees C, that the fans turn on and cool the graphics card to lets say 45 degrees. That would be fantastic

0 Likes
satanael
Adept III

are you using an HDMI Cable?  i got the same Issue Too Over HDMI only

0 Likes

No. DP

0 Likes