Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

najsr
Adept I

High idle power draw on RX 6800 XT

Hello,

I have a problem with my brand new GPU. In WattMan I can see it is using 50W at idle even tho GPU clock is below 100 MHz. Is the reading accurate? When I read reviews it was around 10W idle.

Screenshot:

RadeonSoftware_3smMVuv6Ui.png

Thanks

0 Likes
4 Replies
hardreset
Elite

Check the vram memory clock .

ASRock RX7900GRE Steel Legend, i5 13600K, Asrock Z690 PG Riptide, 32gb ddr4 4000mhz.
0 Likes

A little bellow 2000 MHz constant. That might be the problem, right?

I noticed it yesterday too and started googling. I have a 144 Hz monitor without adaptive sync. I tried making custom resolution with reduced blanking but the monitor shows artifacts when doing so. I guess I am out of luck, right?

0 Likes

Open "Custom Resolution utility" and pick the LCD's  resolution in the detailed resolution pane right top pane. 

Pick it and press "Edit".  Now the new windows has "timing" option the the top. Set it to "Autiomatic - LCD Standard" and  Press "OK". restart the pc and you will get 20+ Mhz on Vram and  6-8W consumption  instead of 36-38W  on Radeon 6800 XT. That is what I get now. 

0 Likes

Thanks for the tutorial but when I apply the settings and restart my PC, the monitor gives weird image. Weird artifacts happen. After restoring original settings it works fine. Is there a way to get rid of those artifacts?

0 Likes