Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

mr2ben
Adept I

High cpu utilization with driver 20.5.1

Dear all,

I have some issues. 

As you can see in the screen shot the "radeon software application" is still between 20 and 30% for nothing...Even at idle on windows...

I know there was some issues in the past with this behavior... But i don't find any solutions to remove this issue...

My configuration:

I5 7500

Powercolor red devil RX 580 8gb

AMD drivers 20.5.1

Thanks a lot in advance.

10 Replies
robes
Adept I

Re: High cpu utilization with driver 20.5.1

There's a thread on it here you can have a look at

Adrenalin 2020 Driver consuming High CPU Usage 

The simplest solution you should try first -

Go to my computer > Videos folder and create folder named "Radeon ReLive"

After that, kill Radeon Software from task manager and open it again.

I don't know if it's the same folder location for you (screenshot is a French system?), you can generate the folder from inside Radeon Software as well - 3 will reset to default.snap.png

I had to solve this a slightly different way - very annoying bug. Hope that helps.

hardcoregames_
Big Boss

use the power saver plan which will tone down your cpu

this will also tone down the video card use

0 Likes
mr2ben
Adept I

have already thried that and it change nothings... 

(I have tried that with another file name too...)

0 Likes
mr2ben
Adept I

Sorry but this solution is a bit strange, It s a shame to ask to your computer to tone down because everything is link to AMD drivers which do what it wants...

I have no issues I will finish by doing that... But that s a shame after so many drivers version to see these bugs which exist from a long time

0 Likes
hardcoregames_
Big Boss

mr2ben wrote:

Sorry but this solution is a bit strange, It s a shame to ask to your computer to tone down because everything is link to AMD drivers which do what it wants...

I have no issues I will finish by doing that... But that s a shame after so many drivers version to see these bugs which exist from a long time

I use power saver and it does not have any adverse effects on my rig other than it reduces power wastage

0 Likes
robes
Adept I

Good, that's one down.

I fixed this problem a different way since this solution also did not work for me. In my case it was caused by a specific broken Gaming profile (under the Gaming tab with the list of profiles). I believe the software populates from certain registry entries and it will aggressively scan for those programs after boot.

What I found had happened : I had moved a game folder off-disk to my storage drive, without uninstalling it. This caused Radeonsoftware.exe to scan non-stop for the game (about 3000 times per second, ~10% of CPU, 70% of all system activity). Deleting the profile and terminating / restarting Radeonsoftware.exe will temporarily resolve the problem, but it will recreate the profile from the registry entries after reboot. I've had a month of this without even realising (facepalm).

I presume you're a gamer from the 580? This may give you an angle to test (the software will also profile other programs, it has my browser for instance). I did my testing with Process Monitor, which might help you even if this isn't the solution for you.

robes
Adept I

You can grab Process Monitor from here if you don't have it -> Process Monitor

thomsa
Journeyman III

Thank you !! It's Worked !

For me, it is AC Odyssey.

JarasCz
Adept I

@robes wrote:

Good, that's one down.

I fixed this problem a different way since this solution also did not work for me. In my case it was caused by a specific broken Gaming profile (under the Gaming tab with the list of profiles). I believe the software populates from certain registry entries and it will aggressively scan for those programs after boot.

What I found had happened : I had moved a game folder off-disk to my storage drive, without uninstalling it. This caused Radeonsoftware.exe to scan non-stop for the game (about 3000 times per second, ~10% of CPU, 70% of all system activity). Deleting the profile and terminating / restarting Radeonsoftware.exe will temporarily resolve the problem, but it will recreate the profile from the registry entries after reboot. I've had a month of this without even realising (facepalm).

I presume you're a gamer from the 580? This may give you an angle to test (the software will also profile other programs, it has my browser for instance). I did my testing with Process Monitor, which might help you even if this isn't the solution for you.

Same here, still from 20.5.1 I have high CPU usage 10-20% and "compatibilities" in Radeon don't showing what GPU and CPU Im running on. 20.4.2 are last working drivers for me without this issue. Did you fix it somehow? I don't know how to it.

0 Likes