cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

urielejh
Elite

here we go again

Windows (now 11) once again downloads AMD drivers that are more recent than the ones provided by AMD itself and the software won't recognize them.

A - Microsoft should stop auto-downloading drivers

B - AMD oughta be faster than Microsoft

C - AMD should stop providing early drivers to Microsoft

yeah, i already had "download of other devices drivers disabled" from Win10

4 Replies
cimamura
Adept II

I hope this gets more attention. I have a pending install for this:

Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. - Extension - 26.20.13002.133

I have done the same and turned off Windows auto install of manufacture apps. Also, I tweaked the regedit and added the DWORD line to not show drivers in Windows Update, yet here it is.

I am literally on my last driver, I have a Radeon R9 Fury X which is now legacy.

Yes I reinstalled the latest and last driver for my card. 

Last time this dumb update auto installed, it didnt override my driver, but it didnt help it either. I dont want drivers installing on top of each other and making future problems.

0 Likes

AMD drivers....do you see any that support Win11? AMD offers generic drivers for supported OS's. I imagine that there will be drivers for Win11 when it is officially released to the public.

What is the Windows 11 release date?

Microsoft has announced that Windows 11 is going to be available to download by the holidays this year, with beta builds starting to go out to Windows Insiders in the week commencing June 28, 2021.

Windows 11 isn't officially released.. and ye're moaning because things aren't working perfectly!

Even when it's officially released it will be ages before it's worth upgrading to.

What planet do people live on! Zero awareness

guys, you have zero reading comprehension skills. the problem exists both in Win10 and Win11. I have said nothing about incompatible drivers. you have serious issues and/or english is not your primary lang.

0 Likes