cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

matheusfnx
Adept I

Help!! Rx 5500 XT 8gb gaming problem

I bought a Rx 5500 Xt Oc 8gb, installed all the new drivers (erased the old ones), but i still cannot play games, i've tried COD warzone, RE 2 remake, World War Z, and all of them crash before even start the actual gameplay, every game with a diferent problem, like COD ( problem: Dev 5624), World War Z ( problem: Radeon software: Host aplication is rebooting), RE 2 remake ( some error with Directx). This is my first computer and  i don't know what to do anymore, i've already reinstalled the Windows 10 and all the driver but stil, same problems. Can somebody help me, please?

My setup:

ASUS a320m ( bios 5407) 
ryzen 5 1600AF

16gb ddr4 2666mhz

Amd radeon Rx 5500 XT OC 8gb (gigabyte)

Evga 600w

0 Likes
31 Replies
jedilard
Journeyman III

These crashes appear pretty common and I'm sorry there isn't one solution to the problem. I've found that I experience the lowest amount of crashes with Driver 19.11.3. However until AMD sort their software out we are stuck.

I'd suggest trying this as there is no risk to your system if you are new to building  a PC. Remove your existing driver first using DDU before installing the alternative one. 

If 19.11.3 still gives you issues then just keep trying other ones until you find on that is most stable.

Thanks! I'm gonna try this and return to tell you if it worked!

0 Likes
mstfbsrn980
Grandmaster

Try PSU testing with OCCT. 10 minutes is enough. It may be useful to test system health first.

0 Likes

Hey.. I installed the OCCT 5.5.6 and run 2 tests, and it gave it to me these results. How can i see and correct these errors? 20200419-173553-CPUOCCT.png20200419-175330-GPUMemtest.png

0 Likes

Could you try PSU test with OCCT. Because for full system load you should test the system.

0 Likes

How can i do that? I'm sorry this is my First computer and i'm still

learning.

Em seg, 20 de abr de 2020 06:25, mstfbsrn980 <amd-external@jiveon.com>

escreveu:

Community <https://community.amd.com/?et=watches.email.thread>

Re: Help!! Rx 5500 XT 8gb gaming problem in Drivers & Software

0 Likes

Run OCCT, then select Power, and then click start button like that...
1.jpg
Do not stop the test for 10 minutes and if there are no errors, see the temperature values like that...
2.jpg

My system has reached 60 degrees GPU temperature and 70 degrees CPU package temperature. Are there any errors for your system? What are the temperature values for you?

0 Likes

So i tried to run the power teste, but got cancelled 2 times before 15

seconds, First time in 5 seconds, Second time in 12 seconds. What can i do?

Em seg, 20 de abr de 2020 13:48, mstfbsrn980 <amd-external@jiveon.com>

escreveu:

0 Likes

You are a new PC user. There is nothing you can do. Ask for help from a friend who understands the computers. The problem seems to be the motherboard. Very likely the problem is the motherboard. But I'm not sure.

0 Likes

Sorry... The number of errors attracts my new attention. There is probably a problem with your motherboard... There are 211 errors for you. I just saw it.

0 Likes
nebula
Adept I

i've already reinstalled the Windows 10 and all the driver but stil, same problems.

Okay, so even if reinstalling windows 10 did not help you then, potientially it means your GPU is just broken. But to be sure, can you try it on another computer? If it still doesn't work = your GPU is rip. Try to return it / warrenty.

I don't have another computer to teste it. I tried Windows 10 twice, and windows 7 once, and still  can't run any game.. actualy there just one game that runs ( the game is Getting Over It ), probably because the game is very light. I'm thinking in change the windows 10 pro, for windows 10 home to see if chances something. But thanks for the help.

matheusfnx
Adept I

Amd support thinks that the problem is that my RX 5500XT Is a pci-e 4.0 and my motherboard is 3.0. So they advised me to chance Pci-e mode from Auto to Gen3. But my motherboard doesn't present me with that option. There's is another way besides the bios to make that change? 

0 Likes

matheusfnx wrote:

Amd support thinks that the problem is that my RX 5500XT Is a pci-e 4.0 and my motherboard is 3.0. So they advised me to chance Pci-e mode from Auto to Gen3. But my motherboard doesn't present me with that option. There's is another way besides the bios to make that change? 

PCIe is backwards and forwards compatible, nothing to worry about.

What do you have for a PSU in your rig? A photo of the sticker on it would be great.

0 Likes

But still there's a way to change that option from auto to gen 3? Besides

de bios. And my psu is a EVGA 600w. The Photo of my psu

Em ter, 21 de abr de 2020 01:36, hardcoregames™ <amd-external@jiveon.com>

escreveu:

0 Likes

Have you tried a clean install of windows to rule out any problems?

0 Likes

Yes, i already tried that.

Em ter, 21 de abr de 2020 10:55, hardcoregames™ <amd-external@jiveon.com>

escreveu:

0 Likes

I am using 20.4.1 but some are better off with 19.12.1 so use DDU and try that older version of the driver and report back

0 Likes

Can you post a picture showing the internals of your PC case?

Can you try going into the motherboard BIOS and restoring the default optimised BIOS settings?

0 Likes
milo20
Adept I

Hello. I have a problem with my PC. Every time I start up a game and play for a few minutes, the game stops and the game crashes. I did a stress test and it works fine. Tempretaure of CPU going around 65 degrees and GPU about 73 degrees and then games crashes. What should I do?

Specifications:
Ryzen 7 2700x
Aorus B450 Pro

Adata XPG D60G 16GB

AMD Gigabyte RX 5500 XT Gaming 4G OC

PSU Antec HCG 750w

Case NZXT h510elite

0 Likes

Hey Man... I had the same problem, your 16gb xpg memory is in dual mode

(2x8gb)? If it is, try remove one of the memories and test it with the

other one. One of your memories may be broken as was mine. Please reply

with the result.

Em qui, 14 de mai de 2020 14:51, milo20 <amd-external@jiveon.com> escreveu:

Thanks for the help, I switched out the slots where the RAM sticks were at, in the end I turned off XMP in Bios and since then the games have worked fine and they haven't exited randomly.

Now I have another problem, which is that my processor (Ryzen 7 2700x),CAM Software shows me that the CPU's clock jumps from 2300Mhz up to 4455Mhz but when I turn on PC in Bios it shows that the clock is 3700Mhz. I didn't overclock it or do anything else to it.

0 Likes

Hey man, i'm happy that my tip worked. About the second problem, i don't

know, perhaps the coolers led may be "broken", there's some kind of

software to change the colors? Or you change in BIOS?

Em sáb, 30 de mai de 2020 18:52, milo20 <amd-external@jiveon.com> escreveu:

At first I thought same as you, that led was "broken" but I fixed it, this helped me. At the comment from mikey_au on the page.

0 Likes
mickeekung
Challenger

Please try this method.

Access violation errors (Exception code: 0xc0000005) can happen because of different reasons. Corrupted files being one of them. I was getting this error daily. After doing a fresh install of the drivers (DDU and factory reset), I'm currently testing whether or not giving RadeonSoftware.exe admin access will resolve it if it is indeed running into access issues.

I'm on day 3 with no black screen yet. At this point I'd do anything to resolve it. I also gave full access in the security tab and disabled windows "full screen optimizations". I have no idea whether this will work or not but it can't hurt. I'll do what I can until AMD finally fixes this issue.

pastedImage_2.png

pastedImage_3.png

pastedImage_4.png

0 Likes

Im having the same kind of issues. I recently upgraded all of my internals to 

Asus ROG Strix B450-f Gaming

Ryzen 7 2700X

32 gb 3200Mhz RAM

samsung evo plus 1tb M.2 for system and game storage

MSI RX 5500 XT OC 8GB 

since I have been getting non stop crashes. all games running at medium settings for now, GodFall, Ghost Recon Breakpoint, even Among Us is crashing. its been a very frustrating few days troubleshooting. 

0 Likes
loekas33
Journeyman III

I couldn't find this difficulty on line, however this is probably due to the fact i additionally don't realize how to correctly the medical equipment as you cansee the list, it doesnt seem to be artifacting due to the fact that its right away again to everyday as i am getting again to complete fitness.

0 Likes
Ztnebi12345
Journeyman III

Unistal driver and adrenalin softver dovnload last driver and unpack. When start instal driver use cancel instalation. Use device manager and find display adpater- rx5500xt. Click on him and upadate driver on disk. Use folder when he unpack driver on pc.Instal and resolved problem. P.s.only instal driver not instal adrenalin softver.

0 Likes

Hi,

For me the DDU did not help. Iposted my experieces in antoher thred in here, but I think I will share them in this thread also if OK. I believe my discoveries also can make people wonder....

Hi,

I can top that with my own experiences on exact the same problem!!
I have build two completely identical PC's for my home office. Here are the specs:

Motherboard: MSI MAG B550M MORTAR
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 - 3.60Ghz
CPU coolerbe quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4
RAM: Corsair DDR4 Vengeance LPX 16GB /3200 (CMK16GX4M2Z3200C16)
SSD: Samsung MZ-V7S500BW 970 Evo Plus SSD
PSU: be quiet! Straight Power 11 - ATX12V 2.4/EPS12V - 80 PLUS Gold - 650W

BIOS flashed on both PC's to most recent version

Like many people I was waiting for the 6700 XT GFX cards to arrive. Because of the the price and low stock, I gave up on the 6700 XT and instead fetched two GFX cards on ebay Germany (I live in Denmark).

GFX: MSI AMD Radeon 5500 XT 8GB

So.... the PC builds are 100% identical, and here it comes. The first PC got the MSI AMD Radeon 5500 XT installed. A fresh Windows 10 also and even on LAN from the beginning in the install proces. Everything installed in a snap, also the GFX drivers. This PC runs with absolutely NO problems and games just fly. All good here.

Second PC got the other MSI AMD Radeon 5500 XT installed. Same proces with Window 10 install. AND THEN...**bleep**? BSOD before the Windows welcome "Hey, we are getting things ready for you...".

• Reboot, try again
  • Crash and reboot
  • Beginning google searches for behavior, learning about adrenalin driver issues.
  • Reboot, install without LAN = success
  • Manually install Adrenalin
  • Crash and reboot
  • Reboot, try again
  • Checking ALL other hardware (by switching between my 2 PC's)
  • Learning that the GFX card really IS the problem, since switching the card to the first PC, then this PC also crashes. The First GFX card in the other machine and then it runs smooth.
  • Reading for days online about other experiences from numerous users.
  • Getting tired
  • Fresh install windows 10 without LAN
  • Installing ONLY AMD drivers, without Adrenalin software.
  • Runs fine, even some GPU demo benches.
  • Installed Heroes III goAMinD_0-1617877841152.png

• Installed Steam
  • Out of nowhere just sitting in windows 10, Black screen and freeze
  • Reboot
  • Play Heroes III for 3 minutes, Black screen and freeze
  • Reading online of Black screen behavior with AMD GPU's
  • Getting more tired

Till now I conclude, SINCE I HAVE 2 IDENTICAL BUILDS, I can exclude it is a driver issue and more likely the GFX card itself. I'm thinking, even that the 2 cards are the exact same model, maybe there are board revisions to consider comparing. This would be my final research before giving up.

The cards are secondhand and both sellers honestly confirmed working order in their system. So, I have one running perfect and one with the same problems as you guys.
I will check board revisions on my cards and reply here.
In the end I think I spend €370 for a flush in the toilet. 

goAMinD_1-1617877841149.png

Kindly,
Carsten

0 Likes

I have been having a similar problem. I worked on my PC one night and the next moment I had a black screen. After forcing a restart, the machine froze while booting up. I reloaded windows and the same happened a few minutes after reloading windows. I replaced the CPU, MOBO and SSD and tried again, again with the same problems. I eventually came across a thread that said I must force the PC into repair mode then go into safe mode, I then uninstalled the Radeon Display Drivers, various ways, trough windows management and cleaning software. I can then boor windows normally again, but as soon as I manually install AMD drivers or even allow windows to auto install them it happens again. I have followed so many solutions and none work for me.

Current Setup:

• Asus TUF B560 with wifi
  • i5 11400
  • Hikvision E2000 SSD

With the RX5500 XT 8GB GPU

0 Likes