cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

matheusfnx
Adept I

Help!! Rx 5500 XT 8gb gaming problem

I bought a Rx 5500 Xt Oc 8gb, installed all the new drivers (erased the old ones), but i still cannot play games, i've tried COD warzone, RE 2 remake, World War Z, and all of them crash before even start the actual gameplay, every game with a diferent problem, like COD ( problem: Dev 5624), World War Z ( problem: Radeon software: Host aplication is rebooting), RE 2 remake ( some error with Directx). This is my first computer and  i don't know what to do anymore, i've already reinstalled the Windows 10 and all the driver but stil, same problems. Can somebody help me, please?

My setup:

ASUS a320m ( bios 5407) 
ryzen 5 1600AF

16gb ddr4 2666mhz

Amd radeon Rx 5500 XT OC 8gb (gigabyte)

Evga 600w

0 Kudos
30 Replies
jedilard
Journeyman III

Re: Help!! Rx 5500 XT 8gb gaming problem

These crashes appear pretty common and I'm sorry there isn't one solution to the problem. I've found that I experience the lowest amount of crashes with Driver 19.11.3. However until AMD sort their software out we are stuck.

I'd suggest trying this as there is no risk to your system if you are new to building  a PC. Remove your existing driver first using DDU before installing the alternative one. 

If 19.11.3 still gives you issues then just keep trying other ones until you find on that is most stable.

mstfbsrn980
Grandmaster

Try PSU testing with OCCT. 10 minutes is enough. It may be useful to test system health first.

0 Kudos
nebula
Adept I

i've already reinstalled the Windows 10 and all the driver but stil, same problems.

Okay, so even if reinstalling windows 10 did not help you then, potientially it means your GPU is just broken. But to be sure, can you try it on another computer? If it still doesn't work = your GPU is rip. Try to return it / warrenty.

matheusfnx
Adept I

Thanks! I'm gonna try this and return to tell you if it worked!

0 Kudos
matheusfnx
Adept I

I don't have another computer to teste it. I tried Windows 10 twice, and windows 7 once, and still  can't run any game.. actualy there just one game that runs ( the game is Getting Over It ), probably because the game is very light. I'm thinking in change the windows 10 pro, for windows 10 home to see if chances something. But thanks for the help.

matheusfnx
Adept I

Hey.. I installed the OCCT 5.5.6 and run 2 tests, and it gave it to me these results. How can i see and correct these errors? 20200419-173553-CPUOCCT.png20200419-175330-GPUMemtest.png

0 Kudos
mstfbsrn980
Grandmaster

Could you try PSU test with OCCT. Because for full system load you should test the system.

0 Kudos
matheusfnx
Adept I

How can i do that? I'm sorry this is my First computer and i'm still

learning.

Em seg, 20 de abr de 2020 06:25, mstfbsrn980 <amd-external@jiveon.com>

escreveu:

Community <https://community.amd.com/?et=watches.email.thread>

Re: Help!! Rx 5500 XT 8gb gaming problem in Drivers & Software

0 Kudos
mstfbsrn980
Grandmaster

Run OCCT, then select Power, and then click start button like that...
1.jpg
Do not stop the test for 10 minutes and if there are no errors, see the temperature values like that...
2.jpg

My system has reached 60 degrees GPU temperature and 70 degrees CPU package temperature. Are there any errors for your system? What are the temperature values for you?

0 Kudos