cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

SteelixBR
Journeyman III

HELP MEE

GUYS I JUST UPDATED MY DRIVERS TO 21.8.1 AND WHEN I RESTARTED MY PC, ALL MY GAMES JUST DESAPIER, I LOOKED AT MY HD AND IT GOT RESETED, I LOSE OVER 500 GB ON GAMES, IDK WHAT DO, WTH HAPPENED 

(Im back again, Like, before this i have 500 gb on this hd,  after this they got to 1 gb only, literally my hd got a hard reset, but my system hd still intact so i still have steam, epic games and other launcher, soo i dont lose any account, the only problem is installing all games again but i can do this, thank you soo much for trying help me and sorry for bad english

0 Likes
6 Replies
Lennox84
Adept I

This seems highly unlikely but happy to help if possible though we'll need more info.

Where were the games located?? Drive or folder? is the drive or folder still there?
Do you remember what storage space you had left before the driver install vs now?

The drivers don't delete anything outside of it's own directories so it's most likely a visibility issue (You could see your games in a folder/drive and now you can't) rather than a deletion, but provide us with some more info and we'll see what we can help you with.

**Also a title with just "HELP MEE" is much less likely to get people to click into it and help you. Next time type something more descriptive like "Seems like all my games have disappeared after driver install: Help" That way if someone has had a similar issue to you they'll jump right in and share their solution with you. Much quicker and better responses.

Did you get the drivers from a reputable source?

If not, the nasty software might just have formatted your disk or erased the directory entries.

If the files were  on a spinning HD, a data recovery place might be of assistance, but it would cost you.

If they were on NVME, they are probably gone.

That's why we have backups, and backups for our backups.

(Backups should always be on spinning HD.  All NVME drives are just batteries. No battery holds a charge for ever.}

That's a good point and one I assumed but...

"Did you get the drivers from a reputable source?"

Always download drivers from the manufacturer/OEM so if you didn't download them from the AMD website you could have a more serious problem on your hands. Don't use any software suggesting it's a driver updater unless its reputable. The only one that I know of are CCleaner. That's it.

Like, before this i have 500 gb on this hd,  after this they got to 1 gb only, literally my hd got a hard reset, but my system hd still intact so i still have steam, epic games and other launcher, soo i dont lose any account, the only problem is installing all games again but i can do this, thank you soo much for trying help me and sorry for bad english

0 Likes
vcolon12
Adept I

Easy. Re download all your games.

0 Likes

That's not helpful. It only fills a gap and does not solve the problem. (Also they may need to be reinstalled as well etc... depending on the library and internet connection that could be days)

Why did it happen, how did it happen, can it happen again, will it happen again?

If you want to troll there's always the YouTube comments, Twitter & Reddit.

0 Likes