cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

ozsupernova
Journeyman III

Help! I updated my drivers and now Graphics Cards won't work (unable to roll back)

I updated my Graphics Drivers today using the Adrenaline Auto Detect & Update software (I know pretty dumb, right? - should have known better ).

And now Windows stops the device(s) because it has reported problems (Code 43)

ozsupernova_0-1628231415522.png

ozsupernova_1-1628231456002.png

ozsupernova_2-1628231552946.png

To make matters worse, I am unable to roll back my drivers to the ones that worked.

Please help me get my Graphics working properly again.

Running Win 10 x64 (fully updated)

on a

Dell Inspiron 15-5576 (fully updated BIOS)

Thank you. 

0 Likes
4 Replies
Owennk
Adept I

Download DDU uninstaller off the net and use it to get rid of the drivers and then reinstall a different one.

Its easy enough. Good luck

0 Likes

Thank you for your response Owennk. I have no problems uninstalling the drivers. AMD actually supplies a cleanup utility...

That still leaves the question of which Drivers do I install after the uninstall?

The ones that Adrenaline tries to install don't seem to work properly.

I even tried to manually install some older builds but they gave the same problem.

0 Likes
ozsupernova
Journeyman III

Anyone?? 

0 Likes

Hi,

I would only install drivers manually, I never ask adrenaline to pick the most suitable.

I have a 6800 gpu so nothing like yours.

I use DDU simply because some people say that it is more thorough than the amd cleanup utility.

I try each new driver that amd put out but so far the one that works best for me is 21.3.2 so I keep going back to it.

In your situation I would go back  to 20.11.2 , that seems to be the oldest driver available on the amd website.

Good luck

0 Likes