cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

mpls
Adept II

[HELP] Gigabyte RX 5700 Gaming OC - Blue screen (video tdr failure).

Describe your system:

• AMD Graphics Card
    • Gigabyte AMD Radeon RX 5700 Gaming OC, 8GB - GV-R57GAMING OC-8GD
  • Operating System
    • Windows 10 Home 64bit - OS Build 19041.388 - Version 2004
  • Driver version installed
    • Adrenalin 2020 Edition 20.7.2 Optional
  • Display Devices
    •  1920x1080 @60Hz HDMI 
    •  Only one monitor
  • Motherboard + Bios Revision
    • Gigabyte Z390 D, Intel LGA 1151 ATX -  Bios Version F3c (Last version)   
  • CPU/APU
    • Intel Core i7-9700KF Coffee Lake Refresh, Cache 12MB, 3.6GHz (4.9GHz Max Turbo)
  • Power Supply Unit  Make, Model & Wattage
    • Corsair 750W 80 Plus Bronze CX750
  • RAM
    • 3x8 - Adata XPG Spectrix D41 TUF, 3000MHz, DDR4, CL16 - AX4U300038G16-SB41

Describe your issue:

• Crashes (Radeon Software Adrenalin), black screen, blue screen (video tdr failure) and green screen.
  • tcpip.sys/tcpip.sys+404b7 crash.

• ntoskrnl.exe+3dda20 crash.

• dxgkrnl.sys+26158e crash.
  • amdkmdag.sys+ad2a0 crash
  • The chances of crashes are increased by giving ALT + TAB of playing screens.
  • Tested drivers: 19.8.1.0, 20.4.1, 2.4.2, 2.5.1, 2.7.1 and 2.7.2.

• Problems cited just playing, all games in the ultra.
  • Tested games: COD Warzone, APEX, League of Legends, Valorant, Red Dead Redemption 2, Watch Dogs 2 and Metro Exodus.
  • All updated drivers and normal temperatures.
  • BIOS updated.
  • Clean installation of windows 10.
  • Windows 10 installed on the SSD CORSAIR FORCE LE 120GB.
  • Windows Memory Diagnostic without errors, everything is ok.
  • sfc /scannow without errors, everything is ok.

-Hello guys, I ask you to help me, I've tried everything, nothing works. If anyone can help me, I will be grateful.
    -All the components on my computer are new.
    -Sorry my English, it is not my native language.

15 Replies
nebula
Adept I

Hello! First of all, wow thank you for all the informations you did a great job!

So for your problem, it looks like what I had: Radeon Software Adrenalin 20.. causes flickering, black screen, green screen, crash only when I laun.... But can you precise:

- if it happens only when you launch a game recognize by Radeon Software

- did you try with another version of Radeon Software (20.2.2 ; 19.12.3 etc.)?

- did you try only with the driver and not "Radeon Software"? (you can find tutorial on youtube from goldfries for example)

- AMD french support told me to do that for my problem, you should try too:

1. check if you use a 8pin + 6pin connector for your GPU?
  2. do you use a "Riser" cable to connect your GPU to your motherboard? If so, try without.
  3. can you test your GPU on another computer?
  4. is this a new build? If not, were you using a NVIDA GPU before? If yes, it can be the problem, try "DDU" (display driver uninstaller).

- Can you reinstall windows?

I hope it will help,

Good luck!

Thanks for the help, I will try to do these procedures.

The problems still persist, the way is to go to the green team. I've done everything, nothing works. 

mstfbsrn980
Grandmaster

Intel Core i7-9700KF Coffee Lake Refresh, Cache 12MB, 3.6GHz (4.9GHz Max Turbo)

Reduce your processor speed to maximum 4.7 Ghz. And apply a minimum of 1.3 core voltage. Your VRM level should be minimum 6. Also your graphics card is OC version. Decrease the frequency by -5% GPU with WattMan.

So... 4.9 is too high and can crash.

Hello, I understand, but the processor is not more than 4.6 GHz playing and the vcore is normal. But I will test this WattMan software. Thanks for the help.

0 Likes

Would you try the Prime95 test? Monitor the temperature with HWmonitor software and if excessive temperature occurs, end the test immediately. Test it without the risk.

I will try to do the Prime95 test, thanks for helping me.

mpls
Adept II

I updated the information, the problems persist. 

0 Likes
mpls
Adept II

Today 07/15/2017 I did another clean installation of windows 10, migrated from the pro to the home. I installed the driver 20.7.2 cleanly and without internet connected, but the problem persists, the first problem is the crash of the adrenalin tray software and then the blue, black, green screens at random. I have no more options, I have tried several procedures and nothing works. I am willing to send data to AMD's team of engineers to solve these serious problems. amdmatt‌ help, plis!

0 Likes
febryanvaldo
Adept I

Try to install the GPU driver without Adrenalin.

I already tried, but the problems persist.  Without AMD software the chance of crash decreases, but it still occurs. Thank you!

0 Likes

Which driver are you using right now? WHQL or Optional?

I once was having same problem, but i tried to uninstall the current version of AMD driver, using AMD Cleanup Utility + DDU in Safe Mode, then restart the computer. after that reinstalled the new driver (Optional driver). Now my PC works better, without single crash, BSOD or etc.

I will try to use this AMD Cleanup Utility, thanks for the help.

0 Likes

Problems persist after AMD Cleanup Utility. I will order the RX 5700 RMA and buy a new NVIDIA RTX 2070.

0 Likes

Please open your computer case and take pictures and share it... Something is wrong. However, it is difficult to understand this from the outside.

0 Likes