cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

rosaatra
Adept I

HELP! cant install new 2020 drivers. Error 211

So, my computer cant install the new Adrenalin 2020 edition. I tried to update my Adrenalin 2019 and used the "express" option then after it hit like 20%. I got this error:

Csdafafafafafapture.PNG

I didn't have any problems installing the previous 2019 drivers. I restarted my PC and tried again. I still got the same error. Since I checked the "Factory Reset", I am now stuck with no drivers.

I searched online for possible solutions, none of which I found helped.

These are the unsuccessful fixes I tried to do:

> Tried what the AMD site possible solutions were, which was giving access to the file. Did everything what this Youtube video said: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s3m4gBiSTus&t=202s. Still, did not fixed the error

>I tried changing its default directory (from C:\Program Files\AMD to C:\AMD). When that didn't work I tried to change the disk location (from Disk C: to Disk D:). I even made a new folder for it named "AMD". I still got the same error.

> Disabled my Antivirus before installing

> Tried DDU clean install

> Tried installing it in safe mode

This problem is driving me crazy. I can't properly play my games. If any of you have solutions that I didn't yet tried or have information that this is a common problem with the new 2020 drivers. Pleases do tell me so, your help is well appreciated.

Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

RX 580

Adrenalin 2020 19.12.12 and 19.12.13

0 Likes
1 Solution
rosaatra
Adept I

Update: I finally fixed this problem. Updated my windows to version 1909 and tried to install again. The error didn't showed up. I guess it's a problem with my previous windows version not being compatible with the new drivers.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

my box freezes tight so I do not even get an error message

0 Likes
rosaatra
Adept I

Update: I finally fixed this problem. Updated my windows to version 1909 and tried to install again. The error didn't showed up. I guess it's a problem with my previous windows version not being compatible with the new drivers.