cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

aurorasky
Journeyman III

Help! BSOD while installing amd Drivers.

So I'm trying to install Amd Drivers on my Laptop HP Pavilion G6 2303tx  which had a dedicated Radeon HD 7670m . And everytime I do so it gives me an error with a BSOD.

The Error is "Video_tdr_failure (atikmpag.sys)"

I've read and Tried all the Possible fixes from the Forum and failed.

Running Windows 8.1 OS with all updates installed so far.

Its been 2 days with my error and seems im going nowhere alone so im posting this thread.

Correct me if there's anything wrong with my post.

0 Likes
4 Replies

According to your laptop you have a Intel APU installed. The HD7670m is considered to be a legacy Graphics Laptop GPU. Here is the last AMD driver for this Laptop with your GPU : Legacy .

Under Windows 8 in HP Support for your Laptop there is a BIOS Update - F27 Rev A - 9/12/2016 for Intel Processors.

Here is how to install the Discrete Graphics Driver with an Intel APU on your laptop: Laptop graphics update...How to .

When you uninstall the AMD or Intel drivers, Use Windows Uninstall App and then use DDU in safe mode. Delete C:\AMD folder and disconnect the Laptop from the internet. Also make sure your Windows if fully updated via Windows Update.

I would try reinstalling all the Intel and Graphics drivers from HP Support first to see if the issue is fixed. Granted they are five to six years old but they were created to work on your laptop with Windows 8.1

Contact HP Support and see if they have an updated BIOS or Intel Chipset for your laptop. From the drivers for your laptop, your laptop is at least five years old.

First of all Thanks for replying.

So I followed as per your Instructions. Managed to Install AMD CCC without any BSOD errors.

Now when I try to open AMD CCC It shows another error

"AMD Catalyst Control Center cannot be started. There are currently no settings that can be configured using AMD Catalyst Control Center."

Searching the forum for possible fixes.

0 Likes

Did you go to Intel support and install the latest graphics driver. This has to be done before trying to install the AMD driver.

Laptop graphics update...How to

Is Win8.1 fully updated?

** Windows 7 and Windows 8.1 must be fully updated before attempting to install any AMD driver. All 'critical', 'recommended', and 'optional' (no language packs,etc) updates as well as any Service Packs (SP) must be installed before any attempt to install graphics drivers. If you do not get this message .... keep installing until you do:

Thanks for replying back.

I tried your way and still the same problem. Took it for repairing, funny thing they couldn't find out what problem it was.

Could it be hardware issue?

0 Likes