cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

MasterChef
Adept I

!!!HELP!!! AMD SMBus No driver installed? after windows 10 Optional update

I noticed an "optional" Driver i could install in the Windows updates Menu I DID NOT KNOW About the FAILURES BEFORE... So I figured why not?. Well, I regret it now. Can't even play any games PC Crashes and Restarts. I have fought the last 2-3 days trying to fix it, I've tried versions 5.12.0.31 from 1-22-2015 all the way up to the newest 5.12.0.38 Update 3-7-2020.

NOT Long ago either my PC Automatically updated to Ver 20H2, Before that, i was running Ver (1909) and the System worked flawlessly, even when the newest update got installed, BUT as soon as i installed that Optional update i screwed myself.

I'm at a LOSS. The SMBus shows nothing installed.  

AMD A8-6600K/Asustek F2A55-M Board, AMD HD 8570D Graphics. 

0 Likes
1 Solution

Well if you can afford to upgrade and you do have a very old PC that would be the best way to go. Especially if Inflation starts to get worse.

As for the GPU problem, you can probably use it as a temporarily solution until you get a better GPU card or you can install a Ryzen APU (integrated Graphics) which might be slightly better. But generally a separate GPU card is best due that is can have more than 2GB of vRAM and more features than a integrated Graphics.

If you purchase a separate GPU Card (Best) then I suggest you upgrade your PSU to at least a 850 Watt Metal Rated PSU.

But before you try all that, you can try an open a AMD SERVICE REQUEST ( Official AMD SUPPORT) and ask them how you get the driver that you need from here: https://www.amd.com/en/support/contact-email-form

NOTE: Try picking a Native Windows driver using Device Manager under "Update Driver" and see if that work if you haven't done that yet.

View solution in original post

12 Replies