cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

selak
Journeyman III

HELP! AMD Catalyst Control Center ERROR!!!!!!

I own an old laptop, an Acer ES1-521-834C which has AMD A8-6410 processor with Radeon R5 graphics. Recently I had to change the hard disk and install new windows into it. I went on to Acer website and downloaded all the drivers the which arrived with this laptop when i first bought it. Everything was fine, except from me not being able to open AMD Catalyst Control Center. Every time when I try to open the application an error pops up "AMD Catalyst Center cannot be started. There are currently no setting that can be configured using AMD Catalyst Control Center". Afterwards I went on the AMD website and downloaded the specific up-to-date driver which was Adrenalin 2020 Edition 20.11.2. The issue became worse by getting an GPU stutter every 4s continuously, when I uninstalled the drivers it went back to normal. So now I had to disable updates from services.msc and have to run the old Catalyst Control driver with the error by not being able to change any GPU settings. Any thoughts on how to get rid of the GPU stutter or the error?

0 Likes
0 Replies