cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

blazedon71
Journeyman III

Hello, recently i downloaded the newest amd driver. And when i was trying to download faceit anticheat this programm blocked my drivers. FACEIT Support said that i need download the newest driver or write to amd support. Please allow using driver for amd

Hello, recently i downloaded the newest amd driver. And when i was trying to download faceit anticheat this programm blocked my drivers. FACEIT Support said that i need download the newest driver or write to amd support. Please allow using driver for amd rx470 for faceit anticheat without blocking

0 Likes
2 Replies

I doubt this is a AMD issue: Having issues with our anti-cheat client? – FACEIT

Fan control/temperature or other hardware related software stops working after the Anti-Cheat is installed

"Forbidden driver" error when launching the Anti-Cheat

FACEIT Anti-Cheat is blocking certain drivers that contain known security vulnerabilities. Some may be installed by hardware monitoring/control software (Motherboard, GPU, ...). We cannot support these drivers as they are commonly exploited by cheats and malicious software. We recommend removing these drivers from your machine in order to keep it secure.

If you need the software being blocked, please make sure you update it to the latest version. If there is no newer version available, please contact the developer of the software or replace it by another which provides the same functionality.

If you are unable to launch the Anti-Cheat due to a "Forbidden driver" error, this should be fixed after restarting your PC.

In the rare cases when restarting does not solve the issue, you should be able to identify which software installed the driver by searching for its name on Google or another search engine, and uninstall it.

It seems like FaceIT Anti-Cheat needs to add a "White List" of drivers so it won't be blocked or contact FaceIT Anti-Cheat Support and ask them to allow AMD drivers to be installed.

Or find out from FaceIT Support why AMD Drivers are being blocked and which part of AMD software is being blocked.

Seems like AMD Wattman might be why FaceIT blocks AMD driver. Since Wattman involves both Fan and Temperature control of GPUs. You can disable Wattman but I believe it is still running in the background afterwards. Not sure though.

Same goes for Ryzen Master.

FaceIT is all over the net with gripes galore. It seems that the tool needs a staggering amount of work done on it to fix the problems.

VAC works fine, Easy works fine.

0 Likes