cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

rado
Newcomer

Hello I have a problem whit SAPPHIRE VAPOR-X R9 270X

Hello ! I have a problem whit installing the latest drivers (Adrenalin Edition 18.7.1 Optional) First time when was I try, was from the Radeon Settings on my computer,I just tryed to update, because I have the notification ! Till installation was in progress, display became dark (that is normal) then starts again, and in next second becomes black again and did not start ! I was wait half an hour... nothing change. I restarted the computer.. starts normal to the logo of windows, then become again dark... and doesn't want to turn on ! I Restart again... same problem. I re-install Windows 10 (my old was the same windows) and everything was normal till the time i try to update the driver again... That's why I re-install windows for the second time, but when I came to the step whit update on the driver I have install Team Viewer and watch trough my phone what is happening.... display goes dark again, but on the phone everything was normal ! On the end of installation, says I'm updated to the last driver, but display didn't works.... I re-install driver trough my phone, and display starts again ! Than I use AMD Clean Uputility to clean all things and I try to find driver form official site manually, the story repeats again ! Than I try whit auto-detect tool, but everything was the same.. black screen till I uninstall all things from AMD ! Windows is up to date ! And whit driver 17.1.1 works fine !

0 Likes
1 Solution

A8 7650K is a desktop APU , and Sapphire Radeon R9 270X 2GB is GPU for desktops

View solution in original post

0 Likes
6 Replies

Is your PC a DESKTOP or LAPTOP?

This is the correct APU Graphics Driver for a DESKTOP APU: APU . This includes the Graphic driver for your R9 270x GPU Card and Integrated Graphics GPU.

Here how to install AMD Graphics drivers on a laptop but is also valid on a Desktop: Laptop graphics update...How to

If you have a Laptop, here is how to configure it for switchable graphics: Configuring Laptop Switchable Graphics on a Windows® Based System

0 Likes

A8 7650K is a desktop APU , and Sapphire Radeon R9 270X 2GB is GPU for desktops

0 Likes

I have tried with the proper driver manually and auto all the time and I still I have the problem ! (Is DESKTOP PC)

Kind regards !

0 Likes

Make sure to follow this simple installation procedure when install AMD drivers:

install AMD driver :

1) Download the correct AMD Full Set of drivers from AMD Support. Make sure your Windows is fully updated via Windows

Update. Windows MUST be fully updated because the latest AMD Drivers requires all  the latest "Optional" and "Recommended" Updates to be installed.

2) Use Windows Uninstall to uninstall current AMD driver and software. Then use DDU (Display Driver Uninstaller) Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU) V17.0.9.0 Released. - Wagnardsoft Forum in safe mode to eliminate all traces of the current AMD driver and software from your computer.

Delete C:\AMD folder from the Root Directory. Reboot.

3) Go to Device Manager and click on "Display Adapter" and make sure you are on the MS Basic Display Adapter. If not, uninstall the AMD driver using Properties.

4) Try reinstalling the AMD FULL SET OF DRIVERS that you manually downloaded. Make sure to disable the Internet to prevent Windows Update from installing a newer version. Also configure Windows to prevent it from updating Drivers via Windows Update. Also it has been mentioned to disable any Anti-virus programs before installation of AMD Drivers.

5) If the new AMD drivers installs and works correctly, delete again the C:\AMD folder from the Root directory. To save space on the HDD.

6)Enable both the internet and Anti-Virus program (if applicable).

7) Go back to Device Manager and check to be sure your GPU card driver is working and identified correctly.

0 Likes

radoHave you already found a solution?

i have the same problem..

0 Likes
rado
Newcomer

I was away, from home this days, but now I tryed, everything - step by step, and didn't works again...

0 Likes