cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Pablo54
Journeyman III

HDR Support WIN11

I thought my HDR issue was unique until I read the board.

My question then is, can we expect some sort of support for HDR soon?

Here is my issue:

Issue:  When I set Display 1 to HDR in settings, things will work for days and then randomly crash.  I could be using Word or Excel or running a game.  It does not seem to matter. Temps are always normal.

The crash then kicks Monitor 1 to HDR-Emulation and completely drops Monitor 2.  It won’t see the monitor as being connected at all.

Things I’ve tried:

1. Uninstalled the AMD drivers and allowed Win Update to load what it had. Read that Adrenalin does not work with WIN11 so that has been uninstalled. This worked fine for several days and then the issue came back.  My guess is one of the Win updates has caused the current issue.
  2. If I disconnect the second monitor from the graphics card, things seem to work fine.

Specs:

MOBO:  ASUS Prime B660-PLUS D4

CPU:  i5-12400   2.50 GHz

OS Drive:  SAMSUNG 970 EVO Plus SSD

RAM:  G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 32GB Model F4-3200C16D-32GVK (XMP)

Video Card:  PowerColor Red Devil AMD Radeon RX 6700 XT (Stock Settings)

Drivers: WHQL-AMD 22.5.1 (Drivers Only)

Monitor 1:  BenQ EW3270U 32-inch 4K Monitor (via DP)

Monitor 2:  BenQ GW2760HS 27-inch FHD (via HDMI)

PSU:  EVGA 220-G5-0850-X1 Super Nova

1 Reply
iams12
Adept I

I'm having similar issues, and PC locking up/black screen/crashing with HDR on. Not really any re-producible events yet except maybe running the new HDR Calibration app and adjusting the sliders a lot caused some of my issues.

I'm trying a slight voltage increase to see if that helps, but im replying here to show more support that there are HDR issues.