cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

yendys
Adept II

HDR problems with 5700XT

There's not much to talk about, but I know I'm not alone!

HDR bad, gray, not applicable on Sapphire Nitro + 5700XT

Now new drivers - but of course the problem since buying the card.
Monitor: SAMSUNG LC27HG70QQUXEN
Latest Firmware: m-HG727CCAA-1020.0
DisplayPort, FreeSync, 2560x1440, 144Hz (120-60 same)

HDR still totally unusable, gray, dark, or totally inoperable:
RDR2
Battlefield 5
Resident Evil 3 Demo
Assetto Corsa Competizione
War Thunder
Far Cry 5

Previously, it worked great with the Saphire RX580 Nitro + and the Sapphire Vega56 Pulse on the same monitor

EDIT: 
I deleted the disks and installed new Windows 10. I downloaded the updates, downloaded the latest drivers AMD (Chipset of course known problem "install still 0% but will install" and the latest graphics card drivers 20.3.1).
I downloaded a whole new Battlefield V game to try ... The result is ... still the same. Oh no!!!

IMG_20200323_142116.jpg

But the knowledge - the problem is in DX12 !!! (BF5)

EDIT 2:
Somewhere here I wrote that "HDR videos on YouTube are perfect in HDR" so I'm sorry, today my friend warned me that the video is as bad as the game I compared it ... result:

HDR On:

IMG_20200323_170554.jpg
HDR Off:IMG_20200323_170511.jpg
And again - live is a big difference, the photo distorts.

0 Likes
8 Replies
mclingo
Challenger

Hi, this feels like a local issue with your setup or the game itself as RX5700 series HDR was fixed with latest driver, the ut had, as well as vega cards was that iit was not sending a BT2020 flag when an app or game used AMD's own HDR API, colours were washed out and unsaturated as it was sending the BT709 flag, this is now fixed, HDR look great now in all my movies using my RX5700. When it was broken the workaround was to turn on windows HDR first before starting a movie which then forced the BT2020 flag.

I'm not really a gamer though so there could be something else at play here, is there any difference if you turn on windows HDR before you start the game, or if you are turning it on already what happens if you dont turn it on? 

0 Likes

HDR - BF 5 - 5700XT Drivers 20.3.1 - YouTube 
HDR - ACC - 5700XT Drivers 20.3.1 - YouTube 

I give here two video links.
Before running the games I turned on HDR via Windows settings and restarted the computer;) then I started the games ...

And videos via browser and YT in this setting and HDR quality seem absolutely good.

0 Likes

Make sure HDR is enabled with your LCD, my panel it is disabled by default until it is turned on

0 Likes

Thank you. Yes. The HDR function is enabled on the monitor. You can see it on the video above.

I really think I checked everything important

0 Likes
wasabi324
Journeyman III

I also have the same issue. 

x470-i Strix

2700x

5700 XT (Saphire Nitro +)

I'm able to play HDR games if I switch to a rtx 2070.

yendys
Adept II

At night I erased the whole computer and installed everything, the latest drivers and the result still the same ...
So bad HDR is not a bug in the system and it's not a third-party problem ...

0 Likes
yendys
Adept II

Drivers 20.4.1 still broken HDR (Games and YouTube videos for example)

0 Likes
victor_bijoy
Adept II

can anyone ensure me whether new adrenalin 20.9.2 driver fix the hdr color issue or not. AMD informed that 20.9.2 driver fixes the issue of washed out hdr color in the driver release note.

0 Likes