cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

waltc
Miniboss

Re: HDMI output not working after Windows 10 upgrade

Many times with laptops you have to go to the laptop manufacturer for your drivers.  Laptops are not like standardized retail desktops...!  Laptops are often custom-designed so that retail-level drivers available online from nVidia or AMD will not work with them.   With those laptops your only source is your laptop OEM (Dell, Lenovo, etc.)  In your case you should check your laptop OEM's site for Win8.1 drivers if he has no Win10 drivers available for your laptop at this time--as they may work for you.

0 Likes
kisuuk
Journeyman III

I've got it to work. Thank you!

Only slight issue now is that my brightness doesn't work anymore. Do you maybe know a fix for this?

0 Likes
саня
Journeyman III

in batery properties you have brightness icon on bottom part of screen,

just customize it.

2015-08-21 11:35 GMT+03:00 kisuuk <amd-external@jiveon.com>:

Community

<http://jiveon.jivesoftware.com/mpss/c/7wA/PDcDAA/t.1pr/7Uylz32kRNOIWITXnDinrw/h0/eqhG5v9o4WV1pCmWaB03cYdOVzaiVMG-2FoD8hUwC7pIYF0tC3kdIUN4hKTc2HK0CESD-2Fa2Zr51sslpoLVLFhU3w-3D-3D> HDMI

output not working after Windows 10 upgrade in Other Software

0 Likes
kisuuk
Journeyman III

It doesn't do anything for me. The screen stays at the same brightness eventhough I'm changing it.

0 Likes
саня
Journeyman III

Sry, I don't know how to solve it, my screen have same problem, but second

- looks OK.

21 авг. 2015 г. 15:02 пользователь "kisuuk" <amd-external@jiveon.com>

написал:

Community

<http://jiveon.jivesoftware.com/mpss/c/8AA/PDcDAA/t.1pr/qS8ZZhbKTw2iWJfmhIyLHw/h0/eqhG5v9o4WV1pCmWaB03cYdOVzaiVMG-2FoD8hUwC7pIYF0tC3kdIUN4hKTc2HK0CESD-2Fa2Zr51sslpoLVLFhU3w-3D-3D> HDMI

output not working after Windows 10 upgrade in Other Software

0 Likes
coltontooman
Journeyman III

i have this issue after my brand new pc built from my pocket i have a win 10 64 bit quad core and new asus strix r9 390 i have two displays  one is vgi i think anyways not the standard vga blue coated but the white coded on sorry i forgot the term anyway the white coted register its a normal pc monitor my primary is 42 in rca hdmi anyways i plug in the hdmi and it seems to half register i plugged it in all my desktop moves to the tv the problem is my tv screen is black and if i can get lucky i can drag my display properties from the blank screen over to the now empty monitor and i am able to see that the larger tv is there i click detect and im notified its not there i unplug my hdmi cable and all the icons re-appear so i am a little confuse i also reboot one plugged in at a time or both plugged in simultaneously and get the same result a little advice might bring some light on the situation thanks in advanced

0 Likes
muhupy
Adept I

Lenovo has released a Service TIP specifically for intermittent or complete loss of external HDMI video on  ThinkPad systems that includes links to firmware to download and instructions for installing it. For more details please refer to Lenovo G580 Manual.