cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

zesshi
Adept II

Re: HD8870M system freezes

If you need clarification on the screenshot, ask. Or some specific places you need.
Explanation: AMD-code 22 is because it is disabled
Intel-the Device is working normallyНовый точечный рисунок.bmp

0 Likes
zesshi
Adept II

I noticed another point in safe mode in the device Manager, if you go to the properties of the AMD adapter and go to the resources tab there, it says this: the Device does not use resources. There may be errors in its operation. This is not the case with Intel

0 Likes
hardcoregames_
Big Boss

20.10.1 recently surfaced

install it using the clean install which should eliminate some driver problems

0 Likes
pokester
MVP

On the left is shows as disabled for the AMD graphics but not the Intel Graphics.

I would run DDU from wagnardsoft dot com from safe mode. 

Then with the internet disabled install the Intel driver again.

Then install the AMD driver again. 

--------------

If that doesn't work all I can suggest is try reseting the laptop from the recovery partition and that should put it back the way it was from the factory. 

If it still has an issue at that point it has to be some hardware failure. 

Which is pretty much what elstaci‌ also suggested previously/ 

zesshi
Adept II

In the answer below, I wrote information about drivers and BIOS. Waiting for the moderator. 20.10.1 I have already installed

0 Likes
zesshi
Adept II

I disabled it manually, because of system freezes and endless downloads with a black screen. I used DDU. It may be a problem for me to diagnose a failure. If you go to the service center there may not understand, but just say that you need a new motherboard, and ask for a lot of money for it. What happened to the video chip. I did, I had it replaced, but it didn't fix the problem.

0 Likes
hardcoregames_
Big Boss

zesshi wrote:

In the answer below, I wrote information about drivers and BIOS. Waiting for the moderator. 20.10.1 I have already installed

Given the age of that machine I do not believe a new BIOS will surface

0 Likes
hardcoregames_
Big Boss

if you want to run virtual machines you should get a desktop machine with lots of RAM installed

0 Likes