cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

zesshi
Adept II

Re: HD8870M system freezes

On windows 8.1, while installing the driver, the screen blinks 2 times, turns black 3 times and does not turn on anymore. You need to go to safe mode and delete the drivers or disable the video card

0 Likes
zesshi
Adept II

The result of today. I put the drivers that I was offered by windows 8.1 update for Intel HD and AMD. Installed first Intel after reboot worked, configured the resolution and refresh rate. I started installing AMD. Everything was delivered without problems, but. Problems: 1 - after installing the AMD Intel driver, the video card was disabled in the device Manager. 2 - after a reboot the AMD graphics card is disabled in Windows.As a result, when Windows started, Intel HD was disabled. disabled AMD with an error (Windows stopped this device because it reported a problem. (Code 43)).

Well, AMD CCC does not start with an error about the lack of a driver. And the Intel HD graphics settings app disappeared

0 Likes
pokester
MVP

Before installing any AMD drivers all Intel drivers need to be up to date. All Windows updates need to be installed even optional and especially .net updates. 

AMD has not supported Windows 8.1 for a couple years now. 

elstaci
MVP

Sounds like your laptop needs to be repaired. Is it still under Warranty by Samsung?

I couldn't locate Samsung Laptop Diagnostic webpage to have it physically check your laptop for hardware or software issues. Whenever I input your Laptop model it goes back to the previous Support page and Samsung only has one software download and one Manual download.

No Download Driver Support page, at least none that I can find.

hardcoregames_
Big Boss

zesshi wrote:

Today put 8. drivers are put but after reboot the system also freezes on a black screen. There are other things like the HD Intel control panel doesn't start. The brightness disappears but if you turn off the power from the network, the brightness is restored, you can also turn on or off the AMD video adapter without problems. but when running on battery with the adapter turned on, it also freezes on Windows startup. But the brightness does not decrease

I have not used Windows 8 for a very long time

0 Likes
zesshi
Adept II

The warranty is long over. The laptop has been discontinued for a long time

0 Likes
zesshi
Adept II

I try but I don't think it will help me. The feeling that one video card interferes with another, for some unknown reason. Can there be any settings that affect this?

0 Likes
zesshi
Adept II

Just as I am. I haven't had a problem with Windows 10 for a long time. But the last update changed everything

0 Likes
zesshi
Adept II

I have a program from Samsung that allows me to download drivers and some programs for my laptop. But the drivers are around 2014-2015. For Windows 10, there were some fixes in the drivers, but that's all. There is no longer any support from Samsung

0 Likes
hardcoregames_
Big Boss

try windows 10 20h2

0 Likes