Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

hardcoregames_
Big Boss

Re: HD8870M system freezes

mickeekung wrote:

AMD just release the new version of AMD software 20.10.1. Please try to install this version. It may help fix it.

I am downloading that myself right now

0 Likes
zesshi
Adept II

I made a bootable flash drive, downloading the image from the Microsoft site did not help, the problem remained. Put today a new driver 20.10.1, did not help.

zesshi
Adept II

The driver got up through safe mode but not Radeon settings. I tried using normal mode and got an error 207. Probably because of the disabled video adapter in the device Manager. I turn it on, the device Manager freezes.

0 Likes
zesshi
Adept II

it seems as if switching graphics does not work or conflict with each other. I also think the fan speed is floating. Sometimes it seems that it's unnatural

hardcoregames_
Big Boss

zesshi wrote:

I made a bootable flash drive, downloading the image from the Microsoft site did not help, the problem remained. Put today a new driver 20.10.1, did not help.

probably time to reset windows...

0 Likes
pokester
MVP

I believe the OP reset Windows yesterday and said it did not help the problem. 

hardcoregames_
Big Boss

pokester wrote:

I believe the OP reset Windows yesterday and said it did not help the problem. 

If reset and updates are not working, it may be time to retire the machine.

The Samsung NP880Z5E is several years old now. The machine is not all that bad but they are not the most durable I have seen.

0 Likes
zesshi
Adept II

It remains only to drop on windows 8 or windows 7 and check. That's all I know

0 Likes
hardcoregames_
Big Boss

new AMD based laptops are not expensive and they offer excellent bang for the buck

0 Likes
zesshi
Adept II

Today put 8. drivers are put but after reboot the system also freezes on a black screen. There are other things like the HD Intel control panel doesn't start. The brightness disappears but if you turn off the power from the network, the brightness is restored, you can also turn on or off the AMD video adapter without problems. but when running on battery with the adapter turned on, it also freezes on Windows startup. But the brightness does not decrease

0 Likes