Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

zesshi
Adept II

HD8870M system freezes

Samsung NP880Z5E
Windows 10 2004 64bit
AMD HD8870M Driver: Radeon Software Adrenalin 2020 20.9.2
After installing the driver, the system freezes, only disconnecting with the power button helps. At startup, the system freezes on a black screen in front of the welcome screen. I have to use the power button again until I enter safe mode. Next, disable the video card in the device Manager and only after the system starts. When you try to turn on the video card in normal mode, the system freezes.
As I understand it, the problem appeared after updating the components of Windows 10. The reinstallation of Windows. Going back to the original settings doesn't help. I installed different drivers: the driver from the developers of the laptop (Samsung), the driver 20.4.2. 20.4.1 (used before the update) 20.9.2 20.9.1 (relevant for my video card). Removed using amd cleanup and display driver Uninstaller

0 Likes
47 Replies
zesshi
Adept II

it seems as if switching graphics does not work or conflict with each other. I also think the fan speed is floating. Sometimes it seems that it's unnatural

zesshi
Adept II

On windows 8.1, while installing the driver, the screen blinks 2 times, turns black 3 times and does not turn on anymore. You need to go to safe mode and delete the drivers or disable the video card

0 Likes
zesshi
Adept II

The result of today. I put the drivers that I was offered by windows 8.1 update for Intel HD and AMD. Installed first Intel after reboot worked, configured the resolution and refresh rate. I started installing AMD. Everything was delivered without problems, but. Problems: 1 - after installing the AMD Intel driver, the video card was disabled in the device Manager. 2 - after a reboot the AMD graphics card is disabled in Windows.As a result, when Windows started, Intel HD was disabled. disabled AMD with an error (Windows stopped this device because it reported a problem. (Code 43)).

Well, AMD CCC does not start with an error about the lack of a driver. And the Intel HD graphics settings app disappeared

0 Likes

Before installing any AMD drivers all Intel drivers need to be up to date. All Windows updates need to be installed even optional and especially .net updates. 

AMD has not supported Windows 8.1 for a couple years now. 

I try but I don't think it will help me. The feeling that one video card interferes with another, for some unknown reason. Can there be any settings that affect this?

0 Likes

Sounds like your laptop needs to be repaired. Is it still under Warranty by Samsung?

I couldn't locate Samsung Laptop Diagnostic webpage to have it physically check your laptop for hardware or software issues. Whenever I input your Laptop model it goes back to the previous Support page and Samsung only has one software download and one Manual download.

No Download Driver Support page, at least none that I can find.

The warranty is long over. The laptop has been discontinued for a long time

0 Likes

I have a program from Samsung that allows me to download drivers and some programs for my laptop. But the drivers are around 2014-2015. For Windows 10, there were some fixes in the drivers, but that's all. There is no longer any support from Samsung

0 Likes