cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Farsider490
Journeyman III

HD7750 Driver trouble

Just picked up an old Dell 9020 MT and added an old HD7750 that was laying around.  Booted up and display worked.  Downloaded latest Radeon software and started to load.  It mentioned doing a factory reset and I thought nothing of it.  Now, I can’t get any output from the HDMI connection.  Also tried the DisplayPort and DVI output.  Nothing works.  Did the “factory reset” kill the 7750?

0 Likes
1 Solution

If the Dell 9020 Mini Tower came with an Intel APU Integrated Graphics I would remove the HD7750 GPU card and reboot and see if the Intel Graphics is working.

By removing the HD7750 GPU card BIOS will automatically make the Intel Integrated Graphics the Main Display Device or Adapter.

So you should have video output from the Motherboard video output ports.

If you do have video from the Motherboard's video outputs then I would delete the current AMD Driver using DDU with the internet disconnected and the AMD Installation folder deleted at C:\AMD.

Reinstall the HD7750 and see if you now again have video output from the GPU Card.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

If the Dell 9020 Mini Tower came with an Intel APU Integrated Graphics I would remove the HD7750 GPU card and reboot and see if the Intel Graphics is working.

By removing the HD7750 GPU card BIOS will automatically make the Intel Integrated Graphics the Main Display Device or Adapter.

So you should have video output from the Motherboard video output ports.

If you do have video from the Motherboard's video outputs then I would delete the current AMD Driver using DDU with the internet disconnected and the AMD Installation folder deleted at C:\AMD.

Reinstall the HD7750 and see if you now again have video output from the GPU Card.

Thanks!  I followed your steps, reinstalled the card, and it works again.  I’ll just steer clear of that Radeon software.  The default driver is working just fine and I’m not going to use this computer for gaming, so I’ll leave well enough alone.