cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

billclinton
Newcomer

hd7670 drivers wont download

i got a hd7670 but the 240w power wont power it enough so my gpu crashes whenever a game puts stane on it so i was gonna download the drivers so i can use the wattman but whenever i try to upgrade from Driver Packaging Version
15.301.1901-160226a-318062E and Radeon Settings Version 2016.0226.1531.27895 it wont install and after i update the driver it still says the same driver version

0 Likes
1 Reply

First you need to upgrade your PSU to at least a 400 or above PSU.  Your card requires a minimum PSU of 350 watts to run properly in your computer. AMD Radeon HD 7670 OEM Specs | TechPowerUp GPU Database 

Second your HD 7670 is considered to be Legacy and not supported by AMD with any updated Drivers. You only have two drivers to download: https://www.amd.com/en/support/graphics/amd-radeon-hd/amd-radeon-hd-7000-series/amd-radeon-hd-7670 

Use DDU (Display Driver Uninstaller) in Safe Mode with the Internet disconnected. Run DDU and when it reboots back into your Desktop, with the internet still disconnected, install the AMD Driver that you downloaded. After it installs and is working correctly, reconnect the internet and delete the folder C\:AMD in the Root Directory.