cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

matt004
Adept I

Having trouble finding the latest driver for my laptop

I recently bought a laptop (ASUS x550DP) with AMD Quad Core A10-5750M APU with AMD Radeon HD 8650G + HD 8600M Dual Graphics OS: Windows 8.1 Pro 64 bit I want to know what's the latest driver I can install in this one so I can run some new games smoothly thanks

0 Kudos
8 Replies
kingfish
MVP

Re: Having trouble finding the latest driver for my laptop

You go to the driver download page and manually select your drivers as pictured below:

0 Kudos
matt004
Adept I

what driver do I download I've found 3 of them in the page the AMD 16.2.1 beta for non cgn , the AMD 16.2.1 beta driver or the AMD catalyst 15.7.1?im sorry im new to this

0 Kudos
matt004
Adept I

Driver shown in the link given only supports my APU and 8650g graphics and not my 8670m graphics what is the solution to this please help

0 Kudos
kingfish
MVP

That is the driver for all the graphics. You can only have one set of drivers. And there are not 3 drivers available. Your APU is in the Legacy status.

Legacy

0 Kudos
matt004
Adept I

Downloaded and Installed but It shows that it doesn't install the 8600m what to do?

0 Kudos
kingfish
MVP

No AMD driver will install on your laptop until it is fully updated from Windows Update first. This includes the relevant :Optional" updates that include the netframeworks and C++ upgrades. Then try a clean install of the AMD drivers.

0 Kudos
matt004
Adept I

means do I need to update my driver first using the windows update? then proceed with the latest driver ? do i need to overwrite it or use ddu first ?

0 Kudos
kingfish
MVP

You have to update ​your computer first. Forget the graphics drivers for now...just update your whole computer. READ the clean install tut and follow it step by step.....AFTER you have installed all the computer updates.

0 Kudos