Journeyman III

Having 5700 XT Issues

Motherboard: ASUS ROG Strix B350-F Gaming

CPU: Ryzen 5 1600

Memory: 16GB GDDR5

GPU: ASUS ROG Strix 5700 XT

VBIOS: 115-D182PI0-100

Driver: Adrenalin 19.12.2

Hello everyone, I've recently upgraded my gpu from a Radeon RX 580 8GB to the 5700 XT and I've been getting random restarts of my PC or the image will go black but the PC is still running. In the second case, if I try to reset the PC or hard shut off, the buttons do not work and I have to resort to turning off the PSU, waiting for PC to have no power completely and then powering the PSU again. This makes me suspect there's something wrong with my MOBO since the cases' power and restart buttons fail to do anything but when I tried using my old RX 580, I did not get this type of behaviour one bit. This behaviour is random like I stated. It's happened when I'm gaming, watching videos, and even has happened when my PC boots to the Windows User login screen or when I let my PC sleep for some time and try to wake it up.

My PSU is a Rosewill Photon 650 80+ Gold and I have 6 HD120 RGB fans and a SPEC Omega RBG case if this provides any beneficial information.

0 Likes
1 Reply
greenpowa
Journeyman III

Hey! Welcome! You are kind of late to this party, but here we are:

https://community.amd.com/thread/243837?messageTarget=all&start=1200&mode=comments

If you want my advice: Send the card back as long as you can return it...