cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

smithangshu
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

Have stopped supporting HD 8570M? I can only install AMD-Catalyst-15.7.1-Win10-64bit from your website, but any later version than that is producing error 43.

Hi AMD,

I am using Lenovo G510 with AMD HD 8570M. I am trying to update my driver but does not work at all with the latest version of the Adrenaline Driver for my graphics card series. Before writing here, I tried every possible steps mentioned in this forum as well as in internet. I tried with latest Adrenaline driver after completing all windows update. I took following steps.

1) DDU to uninstall the current driver version for integrated intel and amd from safe mode with internet turned off. My intel graphics driver was showed as MS Basic Display. And the amd was like unknown device in device manager.

2) Deleted AMD folder in C:

3) Then installed intel driver first then reboot the system.

4) I tried to install latest Win10-Radeon-Software-Adrenalin-2020-Edition-20.2.2-Mar5 that installed successfully then rebooted but in device manager it shows AMD Radeon R5 M200 / HD 8500M Series but with Error 43.

5) Then again I started from step 1 and on step 4 I installed AMD-Catalyst-15.7.1-Win10-64bit that I had downloaded earlier from AMD website. And rebooted then in device manager it shows AMD Radeon R5 M200 / HD 8500M Series but there is no error. 

I also did the same with AMD Uninstall Utility but it produced the same result.

So, my question is I can see that only Catalyst version of the driver is working except that nothing else is working, but the latest version of Catalyst is itself 5 years old, that does not support the Vulkan Technology but in AMD website I checked that that my gpu does support it, so because of this incompatible driver I am unable to take advantage of newer technology even I have the hardware installed that supports it. So can you please tell me what should I do? Or did you stop supporting it practically everything else is in theory?

0 Kudos
6 Replies
kingfish
Esteemed Contributor III

Re: Have stopped supporting HD 8570M? I can only install AMD-Catalyst-15.7.1-Win10-64bit from your website, but any later version than that is producing error 43.

My suggestion would be to use version 19.12.1 until another update is offered. There are some issues with the latest drivers for some systems.

Do a clean install > https://www.amd.com/en/support/previous-drivers/graphics/amd-radeon-hd/amd-radeon-hd-8000m-series/am... 

0 Kudos
smithangshu
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

Re: Have stopped supporting HD 8570M? I can only install AMD-Catalyst-15.7.1-Win10-64bit from your website, but any later version than that is producing error 43.

Hi kingfish,

Glad to have your prompt reply. So you mean I should try with Adrenaline 19.12.1. Okay thank you for the valuable suggestion, I will give it a try and let you know about how it goes.

0 Kudos
smithangshu
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

Hi kingfish‌,

I have checked thoroughly I have got some new finding, that is any driver version till the latest of AMD driver is performing correctly upto Win10-64Bit-Radeon-Software-Crimson-ReLive-16.12.2-Jan3, but since the AMD Crimson ReLive 17.1.1 every new driver stopped working with my GPU, I started checking from Non-WHQL-Win10-64Bit-Radeon-Software-Crimson-ReLive-17.1.1-Jan16 to Win10-Radeon-Software-Adrenalin-2020-Edition-19.12.3-Dec18 including your suggested Win10-Radeon-Software-Adrenalin-2019-Edition-19.12.1-Dec2 but unfortunately all these versions are letting device to report Error 43.

Any idea about what might have changed in Crimson ReLive 17.1.1 in contrast with last version of Crimson ReLive 16.12.2, that can cause the issue and how to fix that?

0 Kudos
smithangshu
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

Hi kingfish‌,

I have edited my last comment regarding the version upto which GPU works correctly based on my recent thorough testing. I found GPU works till Crimson ReLive 16.12.2 that is 2nd hotfix release but GPU is starting to report Error 43 since Crimson ReLive 17.1.1. So it clearly signifies that there is some changes which were applied since driver software of v17 that is causing the issue. Can you or anyone from AMD software development team please help me to sort out the issue? 

P.S: Being a software developer myself I can not pocket that, the hardware is underperforming just because of incapability of driver software. 

0 Kudos
kingfish
Esteemed Contributor III

Did you clean install the driver in safe mode with DDU?  Clean Install AMD Graphics Drivers 

https://community.amd.com/thread/250936 

You should report the issue to AMD : https://www.amd.com/en/support/contact-email-form 

0 Kudos
smithangshu
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

Yes I did clean existing drivers in Safe Mode using DDU. But still no luck. Ok I will report it, thank you for your suggestion.

0 Kudos