cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Elite
Elite

Re: Have amd abandoned R200 users? There is still no target fan speed control in wattman. This means I can't update past 16.11.5, the last good driver.

Jump to solution

I paid 110 for the Arctic accelero hybrid III and it is doing an awesome job. The computer is quite as a mouse and the temps are way down. The problem is once you go water cooling there is no going back. Half the reason amd cards are so cheap sometimes is because they have awful blowers on top. Let's say you buy a card with a stock cooler for 100 less than the Asus twin fan model. You can replace the stock blower with a water cooler and have a much better performance.

From now on I'll be factoring in water cooling in to my gpu budget. I went from getting 66.7% in a stress test to 99.6%. You can do the math and you will see that it was worth every penny.

Adept II
Adept II

Re: Have amd abandoned R200 users? There is still no target fan speed control in wattman. This means I can't update past 16.11.5, the last good driver.

Jump to solution

Heyyo, eh tbh I'd recommend just using MSI Afterburner. AMD's Wattman is a nice idea but I find it still doesn't work as good as MSI Afterburner.

Elite
Elite

Jump to solution

MSI is great. The only problem is the r9 290 stock fans howl like a animal in heat