cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

supervargen
Challenger

Re: Have amd abandoned R200 users? There is still no target fan speed control in wattman. This means I can't update past 16.11.5, the last good driver.

Jump to solution

Chill don't work with crossfire. AMD refuse to tell us if they are going to implement it.

"We don't give out information on future features"

They don't particularly care about "old" graphics card or users with crossfire.

If you do care AMD, why don't we have chill in crossfire or at least an explanation to why we don't have it???

Your drivers are sometimes good, but not so good that we don't have to use 3rd party software like MSI after burner or SAPPHIRE TriXX.

Now not even those work as they used to thanks to you. Yes, you broke the code somewhere.

Thanks AMD.

goodplay
MVP

Re: Have amd abandoned R200 users? There is still no target fan speed control in wattman. This means I can't update past 16.11.5, the last good driver.

Jump to solution

I see from one of your earlier posts, that you have target temp. available.

Are you posting here to offer OP some assistance/insight re the topic, as to why you have it, he doesn't.?

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3200c16d kit, Aorus nvme gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850.
doothe
Elite

Jump to solution

I'll share mine since we are experiencing the same problem.

GPU - MSI R9 390 Gaming 8G

BIOS Version - 015.048.000.062.000000

OS - Windows 10 Pro KB4013429

GPUZ Screenshot.jpg

0 Likes
supervargen
Challenger

Jump to solution

You have no problem with MSI Afterburner with newest driver? Fans spinning up and down with no reason or program just stops working?

I used SAPPHIRE TriXX for a cool card in and out of games. That won't work now 😕 And Crimson just won't do as it told. So a hotter R9 290 is what i have to live with even in idle.

And yes, same for MSI Afterburner.

jonh86
Elite

Jump to solution

Graphics Card Manufacturer - Powered by AMD

Graphics Chipset - AMD Radeon R9 200 Series

Device ID - 67B1

Vendor ID - 1002

SubSystem ID - 2343

SubSystem Vendor ID - 1787

Revision ID - 00

Bus Type - PCI Express 3.0

Current Bus Settings - PCI Express 2.0 x8

BIOS Version - 015.042.000.000

BIOS Part Number - 113-C6711101_100

BIOS Date - 2013/12/04 02:23

Memory Size - 4096 MB

Memory Type - GDDR5

Memory Clock - 1250 MHz

Core Clock - 975 MHz

Total Memory Bandwidth - 320 GByte/s

Memory Bit Rate - 5.00 Gbps

2D Driver File Path - /REGISTRY/MACHINE/SYSTEM/ControlSet001/Control/Class/{4d36e968-e325-11ce-bfc1-08002be10318}/0000

0 Likes
supervargen
Challenger

Jump to solution

Are you?

I don't know why he is missing target temp. I think AMD needs to get back to work and then perhaps provide an answer.

0 Likes
max0x7ba
Adept III

Jump to solution

MSI Afterburner works correctly with Crimson 17.2.1 on my system.

0 Likes
doothe
Elite

Jump to solution

Is your target temp automatically set as high as possible?

target temp 94.jpg

0 Likes
max0x7ba
Adept III

Jump to solution

I did not set the target temp.

I set up my own fan speed curve (picture below)

afterburner-user-fan-curve.png

and enabled user-defined fan (the green border around fan speed in the picture below)

afterburner-user-fan-on.png

When the GPU is fully loaded (Battlefield 1 multi-player) the temperature is around 85°C, room temperature is 25°C.

0 Likes
jonh86
Elite

Jump to solution

I think the problem is with AMD. Over the life time of this card I'd say I've had good performance on about 50% of games. Now with these new drivers I'm experiencingredients almost 100% crash to play ratio. Truly awful. I've contacted support and haven't gotten a reply. The 200 series is being abandoned. As a customer who has a r9 290 xfire setup I expected it last longer than this. I will be replacing my amd components with more reliable hardware in coming months.

View solution in original post