cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Has anyone tried ADT-link R43SG M.2 PCIe 3. x4 / NVMe to external GPU with X-470 motherboards?

Hi,

Has anyone tried ADT-link R43SG M.2 PCIe 3. x4 / NVMe to external GPU with X-470 motherboards?
Does it work with Adrenalin 2019 19.9.2 drivers O.K.?
I think it should work o.k.
Likely I will find out soon...

I am trying to add more GPUs to an Asus ROG Crosshair Hero VII WIFI motherboard.
I am currently limited to 4 GPUs.
Unfortunately Thunderbolt 1/2/3 support is still almost completely absent from AMD Motherboards.
So I cannot add any more GPUs externally using, for example, Akitio Thunder 2 (https://community.amd.com/message/2871761 )  or Razer Core X (I will add that "Build" later) external enclosures.
There are two M.2 slots on the Asus Crosshaoir Hero VII.

So it looks like it may be possible to purchase 2 of the ADT-link R43SG M.2 PCIe 3. x4 / NVMe adapters and add another couple of RX Vega64. 

More information on the adapter here:
M.2 PCIe x4 to External eGPU - Faster than TB3 eGPU's - YouTube 
and here: R43SG 

0 Likes
1 Solution

Bought one, tested it with Asus ROG Crosshair Hero VII X470 Motherboard and lowest PCIE NVMe Slot.
It works great as an additional means to add an additional GPU to your system vie PCIe 3.0x4 interface.
I tested it with Adrenalin 19.10.1, Adrenalin 17.4.4.
I used it to run 4 R9 Fury X in DX11 Crossfire and DX12 MultiGPU.
I am purchasing some more additional units for other machines.
Any questions feel free to ask me here.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply

Bought one, tested it with Asus ROG Crosshair Hero VII X470 Motherboard and lowest PCIE NVMe Slot.
It works great as an additional means to add an additional GPU to your system vie PCIe 3.0x4 interface.
I tested it with Adrenalin 19.10.1, Adrenalin 17.4.4.
I used it to run 4 R9 Fury X in DX11 Crossfire and DX12 MultiGPU.
I am purchasing some more additional units for other machines.
Any questions feel free to ask me here.

0 Likes