cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

ardankyaosen
Miniboss

Has AMD Abandoned Ryzen Master?

I can make neither heads nor tails out of what AMD is doing with Ryzen Master.  If I look at the Drivers page:

https://www.amd.com/en/support 

and select any of the processors there (NONE of which are the current generation), the version that comes up, at least according to the Release Notes,

https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/release-notes/rn-ryzen-master-2-9-0-2093 

is 2.9.0.2093 and is ONLY for Window 10.  No Windows 11 versions exist.  Plus, there's no date associated with that file.

However, if I go to:

https://www.amd.com/en/technologies/ryzen-master

and look at the Release Notes there:

https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/release-notes/rn-ryzen-master-2-10-1-2287 

that's version 2.10-.2.2287.  Again, without a date.  But, my wild guess is that it's from October 2022.  And, I would have thought there'd at least be some kind of blurb specifically about Windows 11 or their 7000 series processors instead of something about some 4 year old version of Windows 10 and overclockable AMD CPUs.

Has anyone seen anything official on the continued support of Ryzen Master?  Has anyone come across some secret decoder ring to decipher their version number to figure out when it was released?  And, why does the version listed on specific processor support pages not agree with what's on the Ryzen Master page?

Here are those Release Notes:

AMD Ryzen™ Master Release Notes (2.10.1.2287)
Article Number
RN-RYZEN-MASTER-2-10-1-2287

Release Highlights
Adds support for setting Maximum Temperature

Minimum System Configuration
AMD Ryzen Threadripper or AMD Ryzen processor on a motherboard that supports overclocking.
Windows 10 May 2019 Update (or newer).
This version can be installed on top of an existing version of Ryzen™ Master, but it is recommended that you uninstall the previous version before installing 2.10.1.2287.

Fixed Issues
Issue related to CPU Voltage range is fixed. Users can now apply voltages beyond 1.52V.

Known Issues
Not all features are visible or supported on Legacy Processors.

0 Likes
2 Replies

A User posted a AMD Support reply concerning Ryzen Master and Windows 11 and the Tech said that Ryzen Master is not compatible with Windows 11 yet.

I installed Ryzen Master when I had Windows 10 then I upgraded via a In-Place Windows upgrade to Windows 11 and Ryzen Master still works normally for me in Windows 11.

But I believe if I have to install Ryzen Master again I would get an error message also.

Most likely the Ryzen Master versions haven't been updated yet at AMD Download page for Processors.

The Stand alone Ryzen Master seems to be the generic Ryzen Master not specific to a processor per se. Just my opinion.

0 Likes
ardankyaosen
Miniboss

Well, it looks like they haven't abandoned it.  The version has been updated on both the drivers page (though there's still no Windows 11 version) and on the Ryzen Master page.  The version numbers actually agree in both location (2.10.2.2367).  But, as before, I can still make nothing out of that version number.  What's wrong with something like they use for graphics drivers?  So, assuming Ryzen Master was updated in February, it would be 23.2.1 or something.  And, perhaps I've been struck blind, but why wasn't there some kind of notification on this forum about the update?

Regardless, here are the release notes:

AMD Ryzen™ Master Release Notes (2.10.2.2367)
Article Number
RN-RYZEN-MASTER-2-10-2-2367

Release Highlights
Adds support for Desktops utilizing AMD Ryzen™ 7000 Series Processors with AMD 3D V-cache™ technology.
Enhancement to the Curve Optimizer feature - range extended from -30 to -50

Minimum System Configuration
AMD Ryzen Threadripper or AMD Ryzen processor on a motherboard that supports overclocking.
Windows 10 May 2019 Update (or newer).
This version can be installed on top of an existing version of Ryzen™ Master, but it is recommended that you uninstall the previous version before installing 2.10.2.2367.

Fixed Issues
Issue related to CPU Voltage range is fixed. Users can now apply voltages beyond 1.52V.

Known Issues
Not all features are visible or supported on Legacy Processors.