cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

aircatcher
Journeyman III

Hardware Acceleration

I've just recently noticed that hardware acceleration, such as in Chrome & VS Code, can cause the Adrenalin 2020 crashes not even in 2 minutes. It's either the driver is crashing and restarting with a black screen or just fails completely with a BSOD of VIDEO_SCHEDULER_INTERNAL_ERROR. This was fine with my previous RX 480. Currently i have RX 5700 installed. No OC is currently applied. Does anyone have an answer to this kind of problem?

Specs:
CPU: Ryzen 5 1600X
Motherboard: ASRock Fatal1ty AB350 Gaming K4
GPU: Sapphire Radeon RX 5700 Reference
RAM: Team Elite Plus DDR4 PC19200 2400MHz Dual-Channel 8.0GB x 2 (20-19-19-43)
SSD: Apacer AS330 120GB
HDD: WD Blue 1TB & Seagate ST3250318AS 250GB

0 Likes
8 Replies
keldhanas
Adept I

Same problem. Just disable it till some driver fixes come.

0 Likes
Matt_AMD
Community Manager

Can you try updating to 20.3.1 and let me know if that fixes the issue with hardware acceleration?

0 Likes

I'm already at 20.3.1. And i have problems with all the hardware accelerated applications. For example, everytime i quit fortnite and the epic launcher loads, the pc hangs for 2 seconds. Similar problems with league of legends and all the launchers where i can't disable hardware acceleration.

If i don't disable hardware acceleration in chrome and i navigate facebook, eventually it loads some video content that causes the pc to bsod.

But with all these tricks, my pc is running fine for 4 days now.

0 Likes

What version of Chrome are you using? I would like to check it is up to date.

Versione 80.0.3987.149 (Build ufficiale) (a 64 bit)

aircatcher
Journeyman III

systray.png

How many more times?

amdmatt‌ might try that later

0 Likes
aircatcher
Journeyman III

I tried the optional drivers too, and still getting the same issue, unfortunately

(Yes, if you're asking, I already DDU it)

This one solved it for me ...

19.12.1 is still the most stable... 

Why redesigning on something that is already stable? Why don't just "redesign" just the UI part instead?

0 Likes
aircatcher
Journeyman III

Ok, quick update ... It happened again.

Later I found out that this is a widespread issue with RX 5700 / 5700 XT

BSOD Video Scheduler Internal Error RX5700 XT 19.7.3 

I don't know if I'm going to RMA this or not, because this is a software issue and not the hardware, afaik.

I really love AMD, all my past hardwares are all AMDs, but this is the worst experience so far. Although I got hiccups here and there with RX 480, but not as bad as RX 5700.

0 Likes