cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

mutantxdvd
Adept III

hardware-accelerated GPU scheduling , where is it?

I updated to the new windows 10  update 2004, have new drivers WDDM 2.7, but there's no hardware-accelerated GPU scheduling settings. 

54 Replies
rawintellect
Miniboss

Here's an explanation of Hardware Accelerated GPU Scheduling from the developer. It states "If both your GPU and driver support the new GPU scheduler, the UI below will appear." So it would appear the onus is indeed on the drivers to support this as well.

Hardware Accelerated GPU Scheduling | DirectX Developer Blog 

0 Likes
yahaway
Adept II

Okay, here's the dope.

AMD driver support for HAGS is in early beta. So, unless you are a beta tester, you will not see 20.5.1 BETA by navigating through 'Drivers and Support'...only 20.5.1 Optional and 20.4.2 WHQL. 

Earnhardt
Grandmaster

YouTube 

Windows Hardware Accelerated GPU Scheduling Benchmarks

0 Likes

In all the tests i seen, from amd and nvidia, all hype for nothing. 

It will be something in the future, as Microsoft says

0 Likes
vlad001
Adept III

New driver is released today (20.7.1), and still, we don't have official support for "Hardware Accelerated GPU Scheduling"   

0 Likes

That's a Microsoft decision as they haven't logged enough time in the insider builds to allow them to release it to the public. They did fix a number of issues and release the new bug reporting tool, something which is a decade overdue, so perhaps bugs will start being attended to without Reddit having to have a meltdown first.

0 Likes

O yeah, how can you explain this then: https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/release-notes/rn-rad-win-20-5-1-ghs-beta  (and it's only for RX5700 and 5600 series cards)? 

0 Likes

Because it's a special beta driver intended for those Windows insiders, it is not intended for general use. That beta driver allows Windows insiders to accumulate the necessary time so Microsoft can pass it and allow AMD to release it to the general public, as well as through Windows Update.

0 Likes

Ok, let's hope that both teams will do their job well then...  

0 Likes
vlad001
Adept III

0 Likes
kazansky22
Adept I

I just wanted to say its almost exactly 1 year after this original post, and I have a 6900XT and still no option for hardware GPU scheduling in windows 10.

deadstaar
Adept I

It's a Microsoft feature and the only GPUs I've known to support it were primarily Nvidia cards. As I understand, both the variable refresh rate and low latency hardware-accelerated GPU scheduling were both separate options in Radeon Settings. In Radeon Settings, if you go to the Graphics tab, it's there as FreeSync (variable refresh rate), in addition to Anti-lag, which is AMD's solution to low latency GPU scheduling, since as they both aim to reduce input lag, but may induce stuttering in some games, so I just leave it off. As of 2021, there is also now a separate option, under either global display or global graphics options, for VRR, which is also a variable refresh rate technology. I turn on the latter and leave Freesync set to the default AMD optimized settings...even though my TV doesn't specifically support Freesync and, instead, supports VRR. 

I think many of these options are now invisible to AMD because they have since been implemented at the driver level, whereas Nvidia's control panel is very underwhelming in features.

0 Likes