cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Halo infinite Low FPS RX 580

Halo Infinite MP is out yesterday and performance is just amazingly awful. I have RX580 8gb with higher frequencies from the factory and the best FPS I have in matches is 45 on low graphics preset, 55 in the menu, what is that? Halo devs knows about the problem and saying the problem is solving by installing the latest drivers in AMD, but there is none. Latest drivers by now is 21.11.2 and all they do - fixes for latest Battlefield game and nothing for Halo. Whose issue is that and is there any way to fix it by now?

8 Replies

Have you tried the driver linked on the pinned steam forum post.

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..
Zolex
Adept III

here you can find the link to the beta drivers

Radeon™ Software Adrenalin for Halo Infinite™ Release Notes | AMD

Changed almost nothing. Plus 2-3 fps maybe, 6v6 with bots still around 40 fps and 45 in the menu on medium preset. I have Ryzen 5  2600 and RX 580 8 gb, the game installed on HDD. Since new consoles are having SSD from the beginning, I guess my HDD can cause the problem. Can this be the reason?

0 Likes

I have a 6800 GPU and I am having the same problem, im hitting 60-80 FPS, all other games I get anywhere from 160-200FPS. The halo driver didn’t work for me either. 

I have an AMD 5700xt Anniversary Edition, 128GB of RAM and AMD Ryzen Threadripper 2950x, 16core. I get <30fps at 4k with all settings at Ultra and exceed my card's 8GB of video RAM. No matter how I change the settings, it see marginal improvement. I had to reduce my monitor's resolution in Windows from 4k to 2k. Once I did that, I was able to run at 60fps, but only at 2k.

I can run Hitman 3 with all settings at max and get 60fps @ 4k. Something is definitely not optimized with the game.

no its not the problem. I have ryzen 5 3600, rx 580 gpu and I have low fps problems. set the minimum fps allowed to 85 fps and I have been hitting 80 but experiencing stutters and tears  🤷‍ IM looking for a solution and its march 17 2022  

I have 8 Gig Asus Dual OC version even with those drivers it's terrible.

IvanTheWolf
Journeyman III

Same here on RX 580 8GB, all Polaris based GPUs seem affected too and it's even worse in the Campaign mode than in multiplayer, constantly falling below 30fps even at 1024x768 with DRS enabled at the lowest possible settings.