cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

patroskuruvilla
Adept I

Re: GTA V NOT WORKING with Radeon Adrenalin 19.7.5

PSU is working fine, 1000 watts bronze Cooler Master. It is a little old though but other games are working fine. RAM seems cool too given me being able to do pretty much everything else I need to except GTA V. Been playing Assasin's Creed Unity without any trouble and FIFA 19.

0 Likes
xlox
Miniboss

so ok ... the only thing i can still recommand is a fresh driver install with ddu maybe, disable every driver option like freesync etc ... but from what you say it seems related to 5700 and specific to this card and driver , they will surely correct this soon if it's really a driver problem , as they apparently worked on it recently

0 Likes
patroskuruvilla
Adept I

Actually trying that out right now. Going to DDU in safe mode and give it a shot. Will update here if we have grand success or not.

baney
Journeyman III

Honestly, 19.7.5 is worse than .3. AMD please work

0 Likes
patroskuruvilla
Adept I

Tried that out. GTA V loaded, upped the Graphics settings to meet the capabilities of my system and ran the benchmark. Was getting around 130-140 FPS for a few different scenes but then BAM. Hung. Got some DirextX3D failed to init errors and GTA V crashed suggesting I reload it in Safe Mode after doing an integrity check of the install itself.

The solution is not ramping down all the Graphics settings and running in some handicapped safe mode obviously so AMD, any updates on this?

0 Likes
xlox
Miniboss

in your initial post your were speaking about BSODs , is this still the case ?

i'm sorry i can't suggest anything else , maybe check that freesync and VSR and other options are off ... maybe try to downclock your gpu to check if it not overheating of something related to an hardware problem with it (but you said other games are ok , so ...) i don't have a 5700 so i can't reproduce this or tell you it's ok by me, so we will have to wait someone with a similar configuration as yours answers your post to confirm it does the same or not

0 Likes
patroskuruvilla
Adept I

I didn't get a BSOD this time. I will switch VSR off (keeps coming up as a suggestion for them to enable and I don't want it). My monitor is not Freesync capable so that's off anyways. I'm busy trying to recover data of an external that developed a few bad sectors now but once I'm done with that I'm going to attach this problem using the process of elimination. Start with a safe mode and change only 1 setting at a time to see if it's any specific setting that's causing the problem.

0 Likes
xlox
Miniboss

unplug this dd , switch VSR off

0 Likes
squiddycat
Journeyman III

Hey, I had the same issue with my Sapphire Rx 5700. I solved this problem by going into the adrenalin software and clicking on gta 5. Then I disabled any options that might be turned on in that menu. After turning it all off, gta launched just fine without crashing.

0 Likes