cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

GTA V NOT WORKING with Radeon Adrenalin 19.7.5

Have tried changing settings in the Graphics section of GTA V settings incrementally just to see if anything there is causing Windows to throw it's arms up in the air and BSOD on me. No dice. Just keeps crashing. GTA V then suggests we launch into Safe Mode which works out fine for most part but when I switch to full screen it crashes again. Running a RX 5700 XT paired with a Ryzen 9 3900X on an Asus X570-P with 2x16GB Corsair LPX 3200 MHz (running at 2133 MHz).

Just spent the last hour downloading 85GB worth of GTA V only to get BSOD after BSOD. Nice.

Given the popularity of a game like GTA V one would think AMD would want to support their otherwise fine card with 0 Day Fixes, Patches and Updates but nope. They provided 1 fix addressing issues with GTA 5 without checking if it worked (nice QA mind you) which does nothing but crash GTA V on just loading.

Not cool AMD, not cool.

18 Replies
nabuco
Adept I

Fate of Atlantis crushes also on RX5700XT. AMD sucks!

account123234345346
Journeyman III

I had similar issues with 19.7.5, BSOD every time I switched GTAV to full screen.  I tried installing 19.7.2 for no particular reason and it resolved the issues for me.

0 Likes
edmondvonersung
Adept III

I see you have a Ryzen 3000 CPU, have you updated BIOS and chipset drivers ? Ryzen 3000 is known to have blue screens which was fixed with newer chipset drivers.

0 Likes

Yup, all updated and installed. Religiously stay on top of updates especially with new hardware releases. No luck.

0 Likes
xlox
Forerunner

i know that it won't help you a lot but , gta V working here (3700x + radeon VII + 19.7.5)

update everything , drivers , bios, windows 10 (now you have to confirm updates in windows 10 1903 i think) , release ram timings to be sure , verify temps, etc

new hardware needs to be set all to defaults first and test games like this , before trying to optimize

i think 19.7.5 should work with gta v , so there must be something else to check

Did all that. Running defaults across the board, no tweaks, no optimising, nothing.

Also updated everything, all software, all drivers, chipset and bios. Windows also updated (just not on any insider ring).

At this point 19.7.5 just doesn't work with GTA V and crashes the game and often I need to hard reset the system to get it back working again (which doesn't really encourage multiple attempts either).

0 Likes

Do you have Asus Tweak installed?

0 Likes

Nope, I do have AI Suite, Ryzen Master and Armoury Crate though. I haven't made any changes to settings in those save for RGB settings in Armoury Crate. Left Ryzen Master as is as I wasn't looking to overclock for a pretty long while. AI Suite was just fiddled with to adjust fan profiles.

0 Likes
xlox
Forerunner

is your psu strong enough ? not too old ? ram checked ? (i just had to rma a pair of trident Z because I had repetitive blue screen for example) is gta the only problem or do you have problems with all your games ?

0 Likes

PSU is working fine, 1000 watts bronze Cooler Master. It is a little old though but other games are working fine. RAM seems cool too given me being able to do pretty much everything else I need to except GTA V. Been playing Assasin's Creed Unity without any trouble and FIFA 19.

0 Likes
xlox
Forerunner

so ok ... the only thing i can still recommand is a fresh driver install with ddu maybe, disable every driver option like freesync etc ... but from what you say it seems related to 5700 and specific to this card and driver , they will surely correct this soon if it's really a driver problem , as they apparently worked on it recently

0 Likes

Actually trying that out right now. Going to DDU in safe mode and give it a shot. Will update here if we have grand success or not.

Tried that out. GTA V loaded, upped the Graphics settings to meet the capabilities of my system and ran the benchmark. Was getting around 130-140 FPS for a few different scenes but then BAM. Hung. Got some DirextX3D failed to init errors and GTA V crashed suggesting I reload it in Safe Mode after doing an integrity check of the install itself.

The solution is not ramping down all the Graphics settings and running in some handicapped safe mode obviously so AMD, any updates on this?

0 Likes

in your initial post your were speaking about BSODs , is this still the case ?

i'm sorry i can't suggest anything else , maybe check that freesync and VSR and other options are off ... maybe try to downclock your gpu to check if it not overheating of something related to an hardware problem with it (but you said other games are ok , so ...) i don't have a 5700 so i can't reproduce this or tell you it's ok by me, so we will have to wait someone with a similar configuration as yours answers your post to confirm it does the same or not

0 Likes

I didn't get a BSOD this time. I will switch VSR off (keeps coming up as a suggestion for them to enable and I don't want it). My monitor is not Freesync capable so that's off anyways. I'm busy trying to recover data of an external that developed a few bad sectors now but once I'm done with that I'm going to attach this problem using the process of elimination. Start with a safe mode and change only 1 setting at a time to see if it's any specific setting that's causing the problem.

0 Likes

unplug this dd , switch VSR off

0 Likes
baney
Journeyman III

Honestly, 19.7.5 is worse than .3. AMD please work

0 Likes
squiddycat
Journeyman III

Hey, I had the same issue with my Sapphire Rx 5700. I solved this problem by going into the adrenalin software and clicking on gta 5. Then I disabled any options that might be turned on in that menu. After turning it all off, gta launched just fine without crashing.

0 Likes