mrmeds
Journeyman III

Green Screen then automatic restart

I have just updated my rig to the following:

CPU: 3900X

GPU: 5700XT

Memory: Corsair Vengence 3600mhz

MB: Aorus Master X570

PSU: Corsair Platinum 750w 80+ (1000w is on its way)

I was really excited about this rig as i haven't upgraded my PC in about 5 years. After getting it all set up and drivers installed, seemed as though everything was working very well. however the issues seem to start when i open up any game, that isn't overwatch (not sure why its just this game). The issue that im running into is that my screen goes green, then audio sounds like a car not starting, then my computer restart with no error or messages. 

Here are all the fixes that i have tried that haven't worked:

• i have tried to uninstall and re-install the drivers
  • i have tried to run memtests - memory seem fine
  • I have tried to undervolt the GPU - not really sure if it didn't anything cuz issue still happened
  • i have tried to run benchmarks on the gpu - those wont even run
  • i have tried to turn up all my fans to run them at full the entire time to see if it was a temp issue, however im running at 35 degree idle and low/mid 80 when playing overwatch. 
  • I have checked on all the event logs in windows and i keep getting this when I restart: "The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly." Event ID:41

I have even tried to go back to my old GPU, GTX 960, there was no issue, aside from the sub-par graphics. 

I am running out of ideas on what to try. I know that the 5700XT has been having some issues so was hoping that someone has found the work around for this one. 

Any help is appreciated!

Thanks. 

UPDATE: Issue came back even after the fix from below in comments, Again i am desperate to find some help on the issue above. 

Little update i was able to run some benchmarks and they all looked great but idk what happened i didn't touch anything but it seemed as though the issue is the same from before. 

I tried running though all the steps again and this time it didn't fix anything. 

Any help is appreciated in fixing this,

Thanks

0 Likes
6 Replies
mrmeds
Journeyman III

Hey all,

Thanks for reading the above. 

After countless hours of people telling me the same exact thing on YouTube and other threads that i have read. i have found one solution that has seemed to work at this point in time. I will link the video down below (some explicit language).

While all the suggestions that the guy suggests are the same. Pay close attention to fix number 6, Disable PCIe4.0. By default it seems that the standard AMD BIOS for X570 boards is set to AUTO detect. He wasn't sure why this was an issue, however, this did help to solve the issues, he did state that this was only for boot issues. I was desperate so i decided to try it for booting games and it seemed to solve the issue.  Although, there is some sacrifice in doing this as you will lose some FPS, not much but some, almost unnoticeable.  

Link to video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1dQoJtkI-c&t=300s

I hope this trick helps.

Thanks.

0 Likes
mickeekung
Challenger

What AMD version are you using? 20.2.2?

0 Likes

Yes I am running the most recent drivers which are 20.2.2

0 Likes
mstfbsrn980
Grandmaster

How many monitors or TVs are you using? Did you try with single monitor or TV?

0 Likes

I am only running one Asus monitor at 1920X1080 resolution - with an HDMI connection. I was wondering if maybe display port would be better but my monitor doesn't have a display port connection so i would have to get a new monitor if i was to try this. 

0 Likes

I don't think there will be HDMI or DP difference. I saw a similar problem when a TV was connected to a system (with a monitor). I thought maybe you have the same problem. I was probably wrong.

0 Likes