Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

richardgere
Adept I
Adept I

Re: Graphics driver stopped responding and has recovered....TDR fix

Great, thanks.I'm having problems with drivers crashing, but TdrDelay didn't seem to fix the problem. Should I delete TdrDelay when adding TdrLevel, or just add TdrLevel with TdrDelay present?

0 Kudos
indig0f10w
Adept I
Adept I

Your graphic card may have hardware errors. I would clean the dust it accumulated and then run a GPU test to see it hardware is functioning correctly. The strange dots usually mean your GPU RAM is damaged. If you can boot to safe mode so you can be sure the dots don't appear because of broken drivers. If they appear in safe mode I usually boot PC from Linux Mint or Ubuntu, if they appear there also I would say your GPU RAM is damaged and you cannot fix that easily.

0 Kudos
kingfish
Esteemed Contributor III

No I mean I always change the TDR delay to 8 each time I install new drivers.

kingfish
Esteemed Contributor III

Please... before posting anything else on my post...I suggest you start reading from the first and not the last posts.

I thought everyone knew that if you give Microsoft/Windows Update the chance the will install the last WHQL driver that they have. Why do you think the latest advice is to disconnect from the internet during the uninstall/install procedure? Because Windows changed the way they check for driver/apps updates...according to it's WHQL information. Win10 users should know by now how to prevent that...if you want to use the newer non-WHQL /beta drivers.

TDR errors is a Microsoft issue...and easy to fix. If that is the real problem.

0 Kudos
mickeekung
Challenger
Challenger

I edit to 16 but it show 22 as in the picture. Is it normal?Screenshot (21).png

0 Kudos
kingfish
Esteemed Contributor III

No it is not normal. Try something like 8 or 10.

Also, your screenshot looks totally different than mine....but I have Win7. Did you search for the ULPS entry..or did you just place it in the graphics registry? Try it again and follow the guide.

0 Kudos
xiatian
Adept II
Adept II

You entered 16 hexadecimal, which is 22 decimal. The edit value dialog box has a radio button that lets you choose the base for your input.

If you input 10 hex, you will get 16 dec.

0 Kudos
kingfish
Esteemed Contributor III

You modify the value by changing the 1 to 0.

0 Kudos
benco
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

Hey so I'm having this VIDEO_TDR_ERROR as well. I don't know if I'll get any answers but could setting the registry stuff fix my problem, or it's an entirely different problem?

0 Kudos
kingfish
Esteemed Contributor III

Hard to say...could be many things but this is worth a try.

0 Kudos