cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

kingfish
MVP

Re: Graphics driver stopped responding and has recovered....TDR fix

Your more than welcome to post your own fix on the forum.

0 Likes
biggeek
Adept I

I think you're missing the point of my guide.  Yes it shares the beginning of the clean install procedure as all guides that suggest re-installing graphics drivers should - one of which you will have undoubtedly also based yours on.

This part of the guide is simply a means to an end.

The part that fixed the issue for me permanently was then allowing Windows 10 updates to bring down it's preferred version of the driver (which according to my Radeon Settings is 2015.1129.2307.41591.  Since doing this I haven't experienced the fault once.

Apologies if this isn't in line with your experience, I'm simply sharing what fixed the issue for me.

0 Likes
kingfish
MVP

No problem, and I'm glad you got it fixed.

0 Likes
grenache
Journeyman III

I had tried a bunch of things but this has completely solved my issue. i.e Clean out your drivers and let Windows 10 choose the correct driver to install. I haven't had a single crash since I did this - thanks so much!

0 Likes
cengotr
Journeyman III

Re: TDR = Display driver stopped responding and has recovered

Hello. I have this problem too but sometimes it don't say ''Graphics driver stopped responding and has recovered​'', screen goes black and i have to restart my PC. I see this problem when I play Rust. I have R9 380. What can I do?

0 Likes
vuji
Journeyman III

Hello,

I have got an issue with my drivers I think. ''Graphics driver stopped responding and has recoverded'', screen goes black for like 2 seconds, and then I have to close my game in Task Manager. I already tried to uninstall my driver and install it back, and it won't work. Can someone please help me. I would really appreciate that.

AMD A10-7870K Radeon R7, 12 Compute Cores 4C+8G 4.20 GHz

It is a 64-bit operating system, Windows 10

0 Likes
dolar
Journeyman III

I applied this and at that day no more single error had been produced though I run massive applications through long time. But, the issue came again from the next day. I have tried all the solution available in internet. Nothing works perfectly for me. I am feeling very frustrated now

0 Likes
adam664
Journeyman III

I have Lenovo Z51-70 with R9 M375 and Windows 10 x64.

I was struggling with random crashes and freezes in games from around March 2016. I tried various solutions: TdrDelay in regedit, OS reinstall, regular updating to latest AMD driver but nothing helps. I thought it's problem with hardware but not.

The problem was the latest drivers. All AMD drivers since version 16.3 are broken.

I removed latest 16.7.3 and installed old Catalyst 15.7.1 and problem dissapear like magic.

I thought that newer drivers are better but it's does not apply to AMD. We have currently 16.7.3 and they still didn't fix that issue.

Well, I'm very disappointed with AMD and their drivers. I had never similar problem with Nvidia. It's my first and last notebook with your graphics card.

0 Likes
indig0f10w
Adept I

No fix for this anywhere in sight, it's going to be one of those bugs which bloat software for years. That's what you get for bundling 3rd party crapware into your perfectly fine product. BTW Raptr/Gaming Devolved rewards suck, there is absolutely nothing worth redeeming and I will be laughing at this for a long time. Well, at least AMD admitted that they failed, I'll give them that.

Radeon Software Crapware Edition 16.8.2 Release Notes (where fixes appear less frequently than issues)

Known Issues

• A few game titles may fail to launch or crash if the AMD Gaming Evolved overlay is enabled. A temporary workaround is to disable the AMD Gaming Evolved "In Game Overlay".
0 Likes
cyberlee
Journeyman III

Did you ever find a solution, I've got pretty much the same setup and the exact same card 😕

0 Likes