cubinm1234
Journeyman III

Re: Graphics driver stopped responding and has recovered....TDR fix

How do you find registry editor?

0 Kudos
indig0f10w
Adept I

Press Win key and type "regedit" or press Win key+R and type "regedit.exe".

0 Kudos
samboush
Adept I

Hi. I have same problem. WIN 10 Radeon Fury.  Display driver amdkmdap stopped responding and has successfully recovered. All the time.

Not only in games but everywhere where is used some 3d acceleration.

My investigation end with this. Any Win 10 64bit driver from AMD for Radeon Fury after 17.4.4 is not working. Same issue. But 17.4.4 works ok in any cases without crashes.

It's same version of drivers what Windows 10 install automaticly after complete removed any AMD drivers and Software.

I don't know how it's possible that AMD leaves Radeon Fury without support for One and half year.

0 Kudos
indig0f10w
Adept I

AMD is one of the best examples why drivers should not be updated if everything is working. The BEST solution is to rollback the driver to the version you had no problems with. Then you don't update, ever again. Their driver mess started after introduction of the new Catalyst control center which is a mess by it's own. Takes longer to open, doesn't remember window position, size, setting... anything. The "optimization" of the scanned games is a joke etc. Now imagine their driver programmers, they have smaller team and AMD spits out massive loads of products every year. Thy shall not get fixes for your year old product.

0 Kudos
gorzul
Adept II

It worked for me, but what does it mean, that the GPU is bad?

Why was it doing it in the first place and is this a permanent fix?

0 Kudos
kingfish
MVP

No...this is a Microsoft operating thing. Yes, you only set it once.

0 Kudos
balloftruth
Journeyman III

I have a problem when ever i enter a game or any aplication some wierd color dots whoud apier and then my screen whoud turn black and when it gets in it shows ‚‚display driver amd has stopped responding and has recovered" i tryed to download latest drive but i coudent find any else then 2013 my graphic card is ati radeon hd 4600 and i tryed the TdrDelay but it dident work pleas help.

0 Kudos
richardgere
Adept I

Should I add TdrLevel too? Some people suggested that too, I'm not sure.

0 Kudos
kingfish
MVP

I always set the TDR level whenever I install a new driver..just to be safe.

indig0f10w
Adept I

You have nothing to lose, if it doesn't fix your issue you can always set TDR to it's original value.