cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

kingfish
MVP

Re: Graphics driver stopped responding and has recovered....TDR fix

Open registry editor..run > regedit >  HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\GraphicsDrivers. In the box to the right you may or may not see  TdrDelay with a data value of (2). If you see that, double click and change the value from (2) to (8). If you don't see TdrDelay...right click on a open space and create a new Dword and name it TdrDelay . Double click that and set a value of 8. Start at 8 and increase it if necessary. Generally a value of 8 gets the job done.

Note: The computer must be rebooted after making this change.

milena
Journeyman III

Thanks, I’ll try adding the DWORD and see if that will help.

0 Kudos
indig0f10w
Adept I

To fix it use TDRManipulator, easy to use and straighforward interface. For 1st try just disable the 1st option. It probably will not fox anything, you will just have less crashes.

In case anybody is wondering to why is this happening I must say that it may have something to do with AMD/Raptr Gaming Devolved client which also causes crashes, drivers not responding and whatever else. AMD reckognizing the problem after months in the latest driver hotfix but they forgot to say that Gaming Devolved does not record without in game overlay.

Radeon Software Crimson Edition 16.3.1 Highlights

Known Issues

• A few game titles may fail to launch or crash if the AMD Gaming Evolved overlay is enabled. A temporary workaround is to disable the AMD Gaming Evolved "In Game Overlay"
0 Kudos
kingfish
MVP

I have seen that program...plus many others. The best way to change the TDR is manually...as outlined. You can start your own thread if you want to share your opinion.

0 Kudos
headlessgnome
Adept I

It seems my problem has fixed, I checked out my graphics card and there was plenty of dust, also I see that graphics card temperature has risen by 5-10 degrees since I bought it (15 months ago).

0 Kudos
dolar
Journeyman III

I can't fix this display driver stopped issue! Please, help me!

• I have updated graphics driver.
  • TdrDelay value has been set to 8 already.
  • I have checked overheat issue by Furmark. I think, there is no problem though I am not sure.:

furmark-statistics.PNG

PC Configuration:

Intel Core i7 4th gen 3.60 GHz

RAM: 16 GB

Graphics Card: AMD Radeon R7 200

0 Kudos
biggeek
Adept I

This too has been driving me nuts but I found an easy fix and put together a short guide:

http://www.epinionated.net/fix-display-driver-stopped-responding-windows-10/

headlessgnome
Adept I

My friend also had this problem, turned out it wasn't the graphics card but some corrupted Windows files and malware he had on his computer, I suggest everyone to scan their computers with MalwareBytes and repair corrupted Windows files using "sfc /scannow" command.

0 Kudos
kingfish
MVP

I hope it worked for you...but that doesn't fix anything. That guide is nothing new, it's what we call a clean install....Clean Install AMD Graphics Drivers

0 Kudos
biggeek
Adept I

The first part is a clean install - but I found by allowing Windows 10 to select the drivers for me it fixed everything.

Please don't slam a guide until you've followed it.

0 Kudos