cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

seanmcguire
Journeyman III

Graphics Driver not installed or not installed correctly and code 43 error after multiple reinstalls.

My AMD graphics card was working fine until a couple of days ago I was prompted to check I had the most up to date drivers installed. 

I installed the update and now my graphics card doesn't work. Even basic graphics in games like a loading screen, are very glitchy and jumpy.

Attempting to launch the radeon software generated the "Graphics driver not installed or not installed correctly error message" and in device manager one of the two AMD graphics devices had a yellow exclamation mark and a code 43 error. 

I have twice uninstalled everything AMD related from the computer including uninstalling the radeon devices in safe mode and then reinstalling everything. To no improvement. 

My system:

• AMD Graphics Card
    • According to device manager - AMD Radeon HD 8600M (This is the one with the code 43) and AMD Radeon HD 8610G. - I am not sure this is correct this seems to me like its saying the laptop has two graphics cards which is not what I think is the case. 
  • Desktop or Laptop System
    • Laptop HP Pavilion
  • Operating System
    • Windows 10 64bit
  • Driver version installed
    • Radeon Adrenaline 19.11.3 (according to downloads I think when I did the reinstall it was the most recent version 20 of the Radeon adrenaline)
  • CPU/APU
    • AMD A10- 5745M APU with Radeon(tm) graphics 2.10 GHz
  • RAM
    • 8GB

Unsure what to do next, thanks

3 Replies
mstfbsrn980
Grandmaster

https://www.amd.com/en/support/apu/amd-series-processors/amd-a10-series-apu-for-laptops/a10-5745m-ra... 

Updating the display driver prevents your system's IGPU from working properly. The list of drivers you should use is at the link above.