cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Ashen
Journeyman III

Graphics Driver issues

Not 100% sure that it is my graphics drivers but its my only guess.

So, around December time, i built a new pc but wasn't able to get a new GPU due to the low stock so i had to put in my only RX 580 but as of about 2 weeks ago, my PC has been playing up and most signs point toward it being my graphics drivers e.g. games glitching and freezing resulting in pc crashing, games and apps like notepad not launching etc. but when i try to install the newest drivers the install tab crashes after pressing anything on it and if i try to uninstall my current drivers using device manager that crashes after a second of having it open (other things like windows troubleshoot do the same) the only thing that worked as a temporary solution was opening it and uninstalling the driver in the 1s before it crashed which seemed to stop my problem for about a day before it would start again but, this doesn't work anymore. Also, my windows wont update, "Error code: (0x80070003)"

Not sure what is and isn't relevant:

GPU: ROG Strix RX 580

CPU: Ryzen 7 3800X

MB: Mortar B550

RAM: 2x 8GB Corsair Vengeance 3600MHZ

PSU:  Corsair TX750M

Drives: Windows - WD blue 500gb m.2

1tb WD blue SATA

1tb WD blue HDD

Update: i managed to uninstall the driver using DDU and reinstall it, this seemed to work but im still unable to update windows.

0 Likes
1 Reply
ovideo
Journeyman III

Hi, I don't know if my issue is ok to place here but I thing is almost the same. I made a few upgrades on my Toshiba Satellite M50D-A-101, from HDD to SSD 480GB from Kingston, another 4 GB RAM, 8GB totally. When I start to install the windows, after all installed drivers my laptop has began to have freeze at every 2-3 second for 1 second. I realize that the blame is the "Display Adapters" driver. I start to search the "available" driver for this configuration but I didn't make it. I tried with previous version of this driver and, also, I didn't make it . Can somebody help me with the information what display adapter driver can I install? bellow you can see the configuration.  Thank you very much!

ovideo_0-1617818520528.png

0 Likes