Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

AndrewPH1
Journeyman III

Graphics crash fun !

Greetings one and all.

So my story goes that all of a sudden as of yesterday my graphics driver or card have gone mental and for some reason resetting the bios, reinstalling windows and also deleting every Amd gpu file installed on my pc and reinstalling the older driver does not alleviate my problem which is a black screen flicker going to a nice shade of green that i can not escape without a hard restart...

This is the first time this has happened with my RX480 and has only just begun due to either a windows update or a problem with the new Adrenaline software......Been running for 5 years without any problems.

Any help on this matter would be greatly appreciated so i can game again ! 

Cheers in advance.

0 Likes
3 Replies
AndrewPH1
Journeyman III

None of that worked at all....

it was stable until windows recognized it as an rx480 card then the flasdhing began then when i installed the new adrenaline software it black then green screened...

0 Likes

(1). RE: It was stable until windows recognized it as an rx480 card then the flasdhing began.

If you fit your GPU after removing all AMD drivers you should just see Microsoft Basic Display Adapter in Windows Device Manager. 

(2). RE:  windows recognized it as an rx480 card
That seems to indicate to me that Windows automatic driver installer has installed what it thinks is the correct driver for your GPU. 
Which driver version did it install?
You should be able to use Device manager to select the Display Adapter and click on properties to find out. 
Did Windows also install Radeon Settings?

(3). RE: then when i installed the new adrenaline software it black then green screened...
How did you install the new Adrenalin 2020 21.3.2 software? 
Did you remove the Microsoft installed Drivers for the RX480 first? 
Did you use the Factory Reset option when you installed the new Adrenalin Driver?

(4). RE: None of that worked at all...
Did you follow the instructions for running DDU to remove old drivers and stay disconnected from the internet?

Thanks.