cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

santi_benejam
Journeyman III

Graphic drivers Opteron X3216

I recently bought an HP Microserver Gen10 with an AMD Opteron X3216. I installed Windows Server 2012 R2. After installing recommened drivers downloaded from HP site o drivers downloaded from AMD site drivers are not installing correctly and the display cannot be configured to an higher resolution than 800x600.

In the device manager I can see a Radeon R5 detected, with an advice that Windows deactivated the device due an error has occurred. I uninstalled al drivers an reverted to a default Basic Display adapter from Microsoft.

Is there any solution to get correct drivers installed?. I need to connect  two display monitors.

0 Likes
2 Replies
admmedlifer
Journeyman III

You sure that card works?  Almost sounds like you didn't plug the enough secondary (and more sometimes) PCI-E power into it. Test that card in another box, also server 2016 is better... use that.  If you were on 16, you could use drive virtualization and dual boot other OS's with bcdboot (Boot to a virtual hard disk: Add a VHDX or VHD to the boot menu | Microsoft Docs ) that way you could boot up a client OS like Win10 and see if it worked there.... tbh sounds like a hw errror.

0 Likes

Hi,

The Opteron x3216 processors comes with an integrated GPU X2170. I cannot test in another box.

0 Likes