cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

limbo280884
Journeyman III

graphic card not detected after installing latest drivers

my graphics card isn't detescted after i updated the graphic card driver tot the latest release. i'm currently running an 2gb xfx hd7850 black edition. is this a common problem and what can i do to fix the issue?

my systems specs asus crosshair IV AMD phenom II 1090T BE 12gigs of kingston hyperX 1600mhz memory and the power supply is an coolermater pro M 1000w fisrt edition.

0 Likes
4 Replies
caleb_cruze
Adept II

Laptop not detecting AMD graphics card – This issue usually occurs with laptops, and if you’re having this problem, you need to be sure that you’re using dedicated graphics.
AMD graphics card not detected windows 10 – If you’re having this problem, it’s possible that your graphics card isn’t properly connected. In addition, be sure to check if your drivers are up to date.
Graphics card not detected in Device Manager, BIOS – Many users reported that their graphics card isn’t detected in Device Manager. This is usually caused by incompatible drivers so be sure to update them. If your graphics card isn’t detected in BIOS, it’s possible that your graphics card isn’t properly connected.

Install drivers in compatibility mode
Download the driver from the manufacturer’s website and save it on your local disk</li>
Right-click on the setup file of the driver and select “Properties”
Select “Compatibility” Tabm>
Place a checkmark next to “Run this program in Compatibility mode” and select operating system from the drop-down list
Let the driver install and then check the functionality
Here are some more articles that provide additional solutions:

FIX: AMD Drivers Disabled after Windows 10 update
No sound after AMD driver update on Windows 10 PC
Fix: Windows 10 prevents the installation of AMD Drivers

Regards,
Caleb

0 Likes

thanks for you reply  butim running windows 7 

0 Likes

Did you look in Device manager or not?

Windows 7 must be fully updated before attempting to install any AMD driver. Check Windows Update..if you don't get the message "There are no more updates"..keep updating until you do.

When installing the drivers, use the option to "Factory Reset"....this removes the old drivers.

0 Likes

Look in Device Manager/display ...do you see any yellow error marks?

0 Likes