cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

sempronguy
Adept I

GPU load stuck at 100% after watching youtube on firefox(latest version) and videos on SVP+Media Player Classic

After spending half an hour googling for answers, I've seen issues like these being asked in forums as far as december last year and it seems it's not yet being addressed upon. So I'm posting it again hoping this will be looked at and perhaps fixed. General advice to temporarily fix the issue is by terminating amddvr.exe, and amdnow.exe.  I just did it a few mins ago and yes it did work. GPU load is now back to 0% as it should be. Btw I used Wattman, GPU-Z and HWInfo to check the load. From 100% load during idle, to back at 0% as it should be just by disabling amddvr.exe and amdow.exe.

MSI RX-560
Desktop
Windows 10 Pro N 64-bit (updated)
Adrenaline 18.3.4
LG 27" MP68VQ

Asrock Taichi X370
Ryzen 7 1700 @ stock
Seasonic Prime Gold 650w
Team T-Force Xtreem 16gb kit @ 2400mhz

0 Likes
3 Replies

Did you try disabling hardware acceleration ?

0 Likes

That also fixes the youtube issue. However, I also use SVP+media player classic for my videos. I'm also getting the same issue even after closing both media player classic and svp. The only fix is to again terminate amddvr.exe and amdow.exe. Given both processes is related to relive I will try to remove relive but that won't be convenient for me in the long term as I also use relive.

[UPDATE] reinstalled drivers and skipped relive this time. Amddvr.exe still there.

0 Likes
sempronguy
Adept I

0 Likes